Sorting Views in Enscape

• Currently it's only possible to see views listed in alphabetical order under the View Management tab.

SketchUp allows you to order the views any way you like.

Can you please include the option to list views to correspond with the SketchUp scenes ordering?

Alphabetical order is absolutely useless, especially when I have dozens of views saved. Some of my projects have over a 100 views!

I have to add a letter prefix to all of my views to see them listed the way I want in Enscape, which is a waste of time and actually falls apart if I then have to insert extra views.

This small change would be a massive usability improvement to Enscape.

Also, while I'm at it, the ability to assign the linked visual pre-set to multiple views in one go rather than one at a time would literally save me hours!

• Thank you for the Feedback foggo - I'll bring this topic up in our next meeting with PM, and will also forward your wish in general.

• +1

Yea, this changed in v3, In 2.x the list respected the SketchUp order.

It was asked about when 3 came out but it seems nothing has been done about it.

Do you perhaps remember which version of 2.x you've tried? I went back as well and was not able to synchronize the view orders. In any case, if technically (still) feasible it's only a reasonable request which I'll discuss as mentioned.

• I can’t, sorry.

I’ve just searched the forum but it seems older posts have been purged/archived but I distinctly remember either starting or commenting on a thread where it was discussed.

Prior versions of Enscape did sort the views in the same order as Sketchup’s scene’s but it changed to the alphabetical order we have now. I remember a request where we asked for it to be either reverted or an option to pick the sort order to be added.

If there is an forum archive you may want to search using my user name as a filter as I know I commented on it.

• I appreciate the input Paul - Independent from when the old system was set in place, this will be brought up again to see if there is a way to allow for a view sorting option in the future.

• A good example:

In a typical house I’ll save my pano scenes in the order I go through the house, eg:

hall, lounge, kitchen, utility, dining, landing, bed1, en-suite, bed2, bed3, bathroom.

But in Enscape the order is now:

Bathroom, bed1, bed2, bed3, en-suite, dining, hall, kitchen, landing, lounge, utility.

That’s obviously a simplified list as I will have multiple panos per room but as you can see navigating the list in Enscape can be awkward as the rooms are all over the place.

As I type this I’m rendering 21panos, it’s on the 14th pano currently which is … the hall, ie, the 1st room in the house/SketchUp scene list.

• I have to add a letter prefix to all of my views to see them listed the way I want in Enscape, which is a waste of time and actually falls apart if I then have to insert extra views.

In the meantime, you can use the SceneRename plugin from Smustard in SketchUp, which allows you to rename and renumber all the scenes in just one click.

This free plugin is available HERE

• In the meantime, you can use the SceneRename plugin from Smustard in SketchUp, which allows you to rename and renumber all the scenes in just one click.

This free plugin is available HERE

Looks like a useful plugin, thanks, and might help when reordering alphabetically or numerically but I don't want a workaround for this.

View ordering should respect the SketchUp order. We had it and it was taken away!

Clearly a user vs developer thing.

Developers don't "use" Enscape on a day to day basis.

No offence to the devs but I am a user and it's maddening when basic functionality like this just gets tossed out on a whim.

I'm flogging a dead horse now, so I will stop moaning and hope it's fixed in the next update.

• Wondering if anyone here has experience using Curic Scene Manager plugin? SketchUp's scene management is a hot mess when you have a lot of scenes to hunt down. The new search function I guess is better than nothing, but simply being able to group scenes would in of itself be a massive improvement. Couple that with Enscape doing it's own thing with scene management and it can get sloppy fairly quickly when you have a large amount of scenes set up. Not really a fault of Enscape, more-so a criticism of SU needing to improve that aspect.

• Wondering if anyone here has experience using Curic Scene Manager plugin?

Yes, Curic Scene Manager is a very good plugin to manage scene in SketchUp, and it's Free.

Curic Scene Manager requires an additional Curic plugin, Curic Sections, to benefit from all its possibilities (send to Layout, Export to DXF an Update Section)

JDD