Site Context Suggestion

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I am loving the new update, especially the Site Context feature.

I have a suggestion for an update to improve the Site Context feature. I think a reverse of the 'native site' feature would be a good idea. Essentially a feature that lets you carve out the part of your site which is modelled so it can sit within the surround context better, for things like cutting further down into the site etc is currently problematic as you cant adjust the topography. So a simple way to cut out the Site Context using the extents of the native site would be a good idea.

Also in terms of the context it self, I have noticed some of the more rural areas which I tend to work on is not yet modelled in the Site Context, is this something that will always update or is the data just based upon a external source?

Thank you.

• I just think if it gets imported into our CAD software all these little issues would be solved.

To all Enscape Devs,

The beauty of Enscape is that it updates in real-time with our CAD and how easy of a workflow it is from our CAD to Enscape. The less work we have to do directly in Enscape the better.

So please stop trying to make us work in Enscape and keep all the modeling in our CAD. That is your bread and butter. Please import the Site Context into our CAD and do not worry about all the little rotation and move tools in Enscape. They are so clunky. Thanks

• Agreed, its the only way to seamlessly use the Site Context if we have full control over the CAD data. However if this is not possible, I believe my suggestion would help a a lot in terms of integrating the native site model with the Site Context.

• Official Post

Thank you both for the input jnurnberger , Awais , as always, just so PM can further discuss this internally with our developers, make sure to also forward your ideas/wishes through our portal as usual. We appreciate all the input we can get of course.

• I'm in the same boat as Awais. We import high resolution survey files of isolated areas around our site (either surveyed data or purchased from VuCity), and therefore need to 'cut out' the Enscape Site Context for the overlapping area, which includes topography as well as buildings.

The inplementation of Site Context is excellent and a huge time saver (in particular loading up Enscape) and would be great to have a bit more control. For context modelling, we currently use a very large extent of our country modelled with low res buildings and topo (could very likely be the same source as what Site Context uses), however would be great if we could eliminate the use of another external linked Revit file....

Edit: just to add to this - is there a way that the buildings can be 'deeper' than just sitting on the top of the topo, so that they don't float? Maybe if at all possible make the bottom of the buildings say 5-10m deeper than required....