Revit 2023: hide triangulation edges on Enscape Assets

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Revit 2023 now supports hiding triangulation edges for imports, including the types of imports that Enscape assets use for their placeholders. The good news: this means we can finally have good looking Enscape assets in plan, elevations and sections!

Unfortunately this doesn't apply automatically. For this to work, Enscape assets need to consist of a single mesh with all triangles attached (they share the points). This doesn't seem to be the case for now, which is why the internal edges of the mesh still show up.

Could the Enscape development team take a look at this. This is potentially a small fix that would have a huge impact for us working in Revit.

I have included an example of an import in Revit 2022 and one of the same import in Revit 2023. Note that this works only for newly imported files, existing imports will remain tessellated, even if you upgrade your file to Revit 2023.

• How i can hide those triangulation edges for imports????????????????????????

• For new imports, as long as it's a single merged mesh, yes.

Good to know: Revit unfortunately imports sketchup imports one triangle at a time, so instead of a single mesh with 1000 triangles, Revit imports a Sketchup model as 1000 meshes of a single triangle each. Therefor, this feature does not work for sketchup imports...yet.

But the placeholders of Revit assets are created with the Revit shapebuilder API so it's 100% possible for Enscape to hide triangulation edges in Revit 2023 for newly placed assets. It's just a matter of priorities, but I think this is a potential small change with huge benefits for Revit users.

• It happens automatically for new imports (but as noted before, not with sketchup imports, for now). So for example if you have a 3d .dwg, you just import that into Revit 2023 and the internal triangulation edges will be hidden automatically.

But this topic is about getting this to work -automatically- for Enscape assets in Revit 2023, which requires a (hopefully small) tweak to Enscape's code.

• Ok so.... 3DS max imports in DWG works great??

It happens automatically for new imports (but as noted before, not with sketchup imports, for now). So for example if you have a 3d .dwg, you just import that into Revit 2023 and the internal triangulation edges will be hidden automatically.

But this topic is about getting this to work -automatically- for Enscape assets in Revit 2023, which requires a (hopefully small) tweak to Enscape's code.

• As long as the mesh isn't split, it should, yes.

But I would export to .obj from 3ds max and use that to import. Then you'll also get smooth shading (no texture mapping yet, unfortunately).