Archicad Surface Catalog translation to Enscape Material Editor

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi all,

I am in the process of creating a custom Surface Catalog for Archicad that will be used for Enscape rendering. We need the surface library to be created on the Archicad side so it fulfills our documentation requirements such as cover fills and element pens. Does anyone fully understand which elements of the archicad surface are read by Enscape?

My current understanding is Enscape reads information from the basic engine including:

- texture image

- texture size

- surface colour

- naming keywords (such as glass, water, metal) that either change a material type, i.e. water, or change a material slider i.e. using 'metal' slides the 'metallic' slider under reflections to 100%

Does anyone know if any of the other archicad surface settings (such as transparency, emission, reflection, specular) that help determine the preset sliders in the enscape material editor?

Thanks for your help!