There was a problem downloading necessary components for Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I sent an .exe file to someone who doesn't have Enscape downloaded and this error is showing up in 2 of the computers they have.

I tried to open the file in another computer of mine that doesn't have enscape installed and it worked fine.

Does anyone have an idea of how this could be resolved?

• Official Post

Hi Scale Architecture , allow me to copy a response to this specific topic which should help with clearing things up:

We are aware of this issue and Standalone Executable files that are exported on a version older than Enscape 2.6 Preview 7, unfortunately, can't so easily be run on a system with a newer Enscape version installed, and vice versa.

When you open an old Standalone Executable, a folder is created in the %Temp% folder of the respective user which will be named EnscapeStandalone_XXXXX (where XXX = string of random characters). If you get an error message when, as long as that error message is not confirmed, that folder will exist, and can be copied and saved locally, (on the machine's Desktop, so it's easily found, for instance).

The Standalone's associated EnscapeClient exe file that you would click on to open the Standalone Executable can be found in that folder you copied to Desktop under the sub-folder named 'Bin64'.

When you click on the .exe file to start it, the Standalone Executable should then work fine and no updates to VisualC++ or the GPU driver should be required for it to run.

Of course, this workaround requires a few steps so we can instead as an alternative also recommend to, if possible, re-share the project by re-exporting it through our latest release (or any version > 2.6 Preview 7 theoretically).

• I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the latest Enscape version (today, 5/17/2022), and best I can tell its loaded and correct....but when I render and export a simple model via the .EXE to my hard-drive, and then double-click, the same error message appears. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

• Official Post

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the latest Enscape version (today, 5/17/2022), and best I can tell its loaded and correct....but when I render and export a simple model via the .EXE to my hard-drive, and then double-click, the same error message appears. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Since you are exporting a standalone using the latest release this seems to be a different problem - The thread was mainly about users not being able to open standalones that were exported with a version way before 3.3.1 (prior to Enscape 2.6 Preview 7). So in this case, if you export and open the standalone on the same machine, please submit us a Feedback report with your logs so that we can look into this further.

Beforehand, please also make sure to install the latest corresponding so-called redistributables which you can acquire here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-…d-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

And a direct link to the 64-Bit version installer:

https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Let me know in case this procedure may already do the trick, otherwise please send us that report as detailed above.

• Hi,

I am having the same issue in a different situation.

I exported a standalone exe. added to the clients desktop and tried to execute a number of times and got the error below.

I have outlined the version I am using below, hope you can help.