Rectangular Light effects

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

• I'm trying to create LED light strip effect for my render by using Enscape Objects > Rect in SketchUp 2018.

The first set of light strips are working just fine but any other Rect Lights I added, either using copy or creating new ones, the light effect appears more like Spot Light than it should.

I've made sure there are no hidden objects that block the light, work on different planes, restart the application and work on another PC (SketchUp 2022, Enscape 3.3). None of those helped with my problem.

Can someone enlighten me on what did I miss, please?

• Official Post

_vii , welcome to our Forum, and thanks for the report.

Right away, does it help if you increase the thickness of the "Side B" wall in this case? Please try to do so when it comes to the wall area on which the light is being cast. Alternatively, does it help if you angle the lights to some extent? It may not fit into the scene as ideally but, you could also try placing some line lights instead just to see if it makes any positive difference.

If neither helps it would be great actually if you could also simply share the project with me (through a DM in a .zip file if confidential) so that I can also have a look at this directly myself. Let me know if that isn't possible.

• Hi Demian Gutberlet . Thanks for your response!

I've managed to work around that particular wall, by casting the light downward instead of how it's built in the real world. (It just worked this way! I failed to understand the logic LOL)

But the similar problem is still happening spontaneously like the following.

As to your suggestion of using Line Light, I found the effect is not ideal for my scene at all.

I'll be sending the file for your review later via DM later. Thank you!