Enscape stuck on loading when using ray-tracing

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • As the title says, I'm having trouble with my Enscape when Nvidia ray-tracing is turned on.

Whenever I try to open Enscape in my model, the loading keeps going on forever, never finishing up. However I can see my graphics card is hard at work in my control panel.

The model is a somewhat large urban model of a city district, so maybe the model scale is at fault?

I have been able to open a smaller model of a single building in the area, having ray-tracing on, but whenever I switch to something larger, I'm stuck on loading.

Specs:

Windows 11 Home 64-bit

12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K

32GB RAM

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

931GB Samsung SSD 980 PRO with Heatsink 1TB

Rhino Version:

Version 7 SR9

(7.9.21222.15001, 2021-08-10)

Enscape Version:

3.3.1+75071

Renderer version - 3.3.0.1723-gc4d750e

• Official Post

Welcome to our Forum daniel95l !

This may boil down to your NVIDIA 3070 running out of available video memory during loading / displaying Enscape with a larger scene and raytracing enabled.

To let you know for sure though, please also submit a Feedback report with your logs. Only then we can really identify the exact cause behind this through the provided logs and machine information.

In the meantime, please also make sure that you are using the latest available drivers for your GPU which should ideally be acquired through the official NVIDIA homepage too. Let me know if that already makes any difference.

Thanks a lot in advance!