Error Crashes with Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi there

I'm having problems with Enscape/ Sketchup and the programs have been crashing a lot recently and creating bug splat reports. I contacted Enscape and they told me to download the latest version of Enscape and also to upgrade my AMD Radeon graphics card using a specific link that they sent me. I've done both and now the problem is worse, I can't open Enscape at all. I was at least able to use it before these updates.

I have a huge amount of work to get through and am getting quite stressed. Any suggestions on what the issue is and how to resolve? I'm using a HP Envy laptop with Ryzen 4000 series 7 processor and AMD Radeon graphics card if that helps.

• Official Post

Hi there

I'm having problems with Enscape/ Sketchup and the programs have been crashing a lot recently and creating bug splat reports. I contacted Enscape and they told me to download the latest version of Enscape and also to upgrade my AMD Radeon graphics card using a specific link that they sent me. I've done both and now the problem is worse, I can't open Enscape at all. I was at least able to use it before these updates.

I have a huge amount of work to get through and am getting quite stressed. Any suggestions on what the issue is and how to resolve? I'm using a HP Envy laptop with Ryzen 4000 series 7 processor and AMD Radeon graphics card if that helps.

In this case please keep in touch with us via e-mail since I can also see you replied back to our support team already - Furthermore, looking into the report you've sent us, it seems that the dedicated graphics card inside of your machine seems to not be "active", which would make it impossible to open Enscape properly in the first place.

Are you sure you are not trying to use Enscape with only the built-in graphics chip of your Ryzen 4000 processor? Because that would, unfortunately, mean that Enscape does not support your computer. (Check out our system requirements here)

If you are confident you have an additional supported GPU that should be built into your machine, what's the exact model, and have you made sure that your monitor is connected to that graphics card? You may have to check the back of your machine and/or get in touch with your system administrator who should also be able to assist you further.

• Hi Demien

Thank you for coming back to me, unfortunately I don't think my laptop is powerful enough so I'm going to have to buy a new computer. Can I just ask one more question before I do...

How often do your system requirements change? I.e. if I follow the spec for the Nvidia graphics card, as detailed in your system requirements (or perhaps a little higher spec than requested), then will this see me well into the future or does it keep changing? Once there is a new graphics card requirement does the old graphics card stop working or does it not work like this?

Sorry if they're stupid questions but I don't really have any experience - rendering and graphics cards are all new to me!

• Official Post

LJB123 , thanks for your reply.

Honestly, not a stupid question at all!

Not too long ago Enscape's VRAM requirements of a graphics card (which also now has to support Vulkan 1.1) went from 2GB to 4GB, which basically meant that most Lower-End cards were not supported anymore. Besides that though, if you go for one of the NVIDIA cards from let's say the RTX 2xxx or RTX 3xxx series, you will be future-proof for quite a while. In this case, we are, for example, not increasing the VRAM requirements from 4GB -> 8GB anytime soon as this isn't necessary so there is no need to worry. (Especially since most Medium-Higher cards have at least 8GB of VRAM anyway.)

Also, if plan to make use of VR, be aware that we ideally recommend at least an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070. Without VR you can go with a card that is slower performance-wise.

Do you already have an idea which card specifically you will be going for perhaps? :)

• Great, I was looking at the Nvidia GeForce RTX 370ti and have had quotes for the same card but the below 2 slightly differing specs. Which would be better in your opinion or is there not much in it? Both come out at the same price...

1) intel i7 with 16gb RAM

2) intel i5 with 32gb RAM

• Official Post

Great, I was looking at the Nvidia GeForce RTX 370ti and have had quotes for the same card but the below 2 slightly differing specs. Which would be better in your opinion or is there not much in it? Both come out at the same price...

1) intel i7 with 16gb RAM

2) intel i5 with 32gb RAM

The 3070 Ti is a great choice - I personally would go with the Intel i7 and 16GB of RAM which you should be able to easily upgrade in the future (if required and if your scenes get large enough), especially if there are still some free RAM slots on the motherboard in the machine.

• Official Post

Thanks for all the help. Have upped the Ram to 64gb and changed the processor to a Ryzen 9 5950x

Hopefully there should be no more Enscape issues now! :)

That's a very capable machine you'll be receiving, congratulations. :)

Still, in case you do actually still experience any problems (which should not happen of course) whatsoever for whichever reason, let me know anytime. The same applies for questions too.

• Eu tenho tido o mesmo problema: Ao inserir um ativo do Enscape o sketchup dá "bugsplat". Não é sempre que acontece, nem com o mesmo componente.
    Uso uma CPU com placa Nvídea de boa qualidade.
    Já falei com o suporte do Sketchup mas eles apenas atualizaram os drivers e continua acontecendo, sempre que insiro um ativo do Enscape.
    Atualizei o Enscape, atualizei o Sketchup, os drivers, etc, e agora qual é a causa?
    Pode me socorrer?