Sun Matching

• So... for a long time now, I've been setting up VIEWS in ARCHICAD with the proper camera settings including TIME OF DAY. These views would then transfer over to ENSCAPE by merely using the CAMERA TRACKING button...

My process then was to change views in ArchiCAD, then SAVE IMAGE from Enscape and all was well.

NOTE: if I transfer those views to native enscape VIEWS and use the BATCH SAVE, it takes upwards of 30min for 10 to 12 views.

While in archiCAD even having to call up each new view... it takes less than 5min to save that same batch...

(but that's a different discussion)...

So NOW... (and this could be with the latest set of PREVIEW installs).... the SUN does NOT track from ArchiCAD to enscape...

I am guessing the issue is actually the LATITUDE / LONGITUDE not matching my ArchiCAD model...

1. Set up views with TIME OF DAY... All shadows as expected in ArchiCAD
    2. Enscape shadows are a good 5 or 6 hours behind where they are in ArchiCAD
    3. But the TIME OF DAY in Enscape seems the same...

I see that there are "adjustments" for the LAT / LONG in Enscape, but they are in METERS and not DEGREES

And apparently these are only adjustments to push the clouds to a different location....

So maybe some general questions..

1. How do you set physical location in Enscape? (lat / long)
    2. Why doesn't it grab that from ARCHICAD? (or does it)
    3. Should I just use CUSTOM sun in ArchiCAD?
      1. Then what happens when I want to do a SUN STUDY?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Like I said, this seems to be NEW and could just be a PREVIEW bug...

• DGD-Duane , did you run into this issue with our latest preview version 4 or version 3?

Having the Enscape preview version 4 and even 3 installed on my machine, using ArchiCAD 25 as well, I am not able to reproduce this behavior I'm afraid yet - Adjusting the time of day or Altitude / Azimuth works fine and gets translated into Enscape, as long as the synchronization is turned on of course.

Would you mind briefly submitting me a report so that I can at least check the logs right away for any particular potential errors which may cause this? Perhaps our developers may also look into it to find out more about why you experience this.

Last but not least, can you share a screenshot of me in which I can see you being able to adjust the LAT /LONG through Enscape itself? It may sound like a weird request but has its reason. Thank you in advance.

• Sent in a REPORT... but...

It would appear that both shadows are incorrect.. But they are completely different between them..

See the attachments for more assessment...

1. LAT / LONG in ArchiCAD are correct

2. North is correct in Archicad.

3. I did see the LAT / Long in Enscape were only for moving the clouds around the sky...

• Thanks a lot DGD-Duane , we have received the report and will further look into it, I appreciate that and the further reply + requested screenshots - Meanwhile, as per my colleague's reply, it cannot hurt to update your GPU drivers to at least avoid other issues that may occur alongside having rather outdated ones installed (let me know of course if it affects the main issue in any form positive or negative).

I or my colleague will furthermore get back to you once we have additional news to share which should be soon, so thanks again for the cooperation.

EDIT: To add, since I've yet to be able to faithfully reproduce this issue, please kindly also feel free to upload an example scene (you could use the existing project and remove most of it if you like) for me via wetransfer.com for example, if the GPU driver update did not make any difference.

• Demian,

Thanks for the efforts.... I will see if I can upload something DIRECTLY to you.. (would prefer not to do it via the website if possible.)

The GPU Update did not help...

I just looked at the same project in Enscape... Time = 10am and the scene appears black with stars...

I will also try to the same project in an earlier RELEASE version to see if it persists there.