Axyz models without archvision

• Is there a way to use axyz models without going through archvision?

We would be willing to purchase models but the 250$ yearly subscription for archvision is a bridge too far. (especially because that content is replaced by axyz models anyway).

• Also, I reached out to axyz but I got a very generic response that wasn't really helpful.

• The ArchVision AXYZ people are in a proprietary ArchVision file format, we just get the geometry von your ArchVision plugin. In order to use AXYZ people, you need to buy them, afterwards you can drag'drop them through the ArchVision dashboard.

• Got it. Too bad though, in the feature, it would be very interesting to have an enscape geometry exporter so that we could export geometry from max for example and show it in Enscape. That way we could use our legacy library and also purchase props on turbosquid etc as we see fit.

• Hi Bart we don't have a tutorial for this at the moment as we didn't find a perfect way to import geometry with textures into Revit.

Revit has it's own handling of imported geometry with textures and the common sense is to remodel it in Revit or to import it via a tool like Archvision Dashboard/Creator.

• Is there a tutorial somewhere that explain how to import a geometry with texturing in revit ?

I'm talking about a method that would have been tested with success with enscape.

I agree with Jonathan. There really is no way to easily bring content in that is not native (modeled in revit) to revit. I have had success in the past bringing 3ds max models as well as sketchup models into revit and being able to change materials etc but the process is extensive and time consuming and requires work in autocad etc to prepare the model before creating a family. And the down side to all of that is that you have to be careful of the polygon count in your imported models as if its to high and you copy that model (new family) around in your revit model the performance of revit will come to a screeching halt. And finally the uvmapping in revit for curved items that are not modeled in revit is HORRIBLE...to say the least. For this reason this is why you see vegetation always being RCP content and good furniture models and content hard to find.

There is good content out there on the internet. as you find it put it in your library for future use. Hopefully at some point in the future revit will implement some type of proxies system to get better content into the models.

Last i agree, im not purchasing another subscription to archvision just for content....they charge too much for substandard product.

and as a side note.......very impressed Enscape Team!!!!! great job on the light system in sketchup and the improved reflections etc :thumbsup:

• Thanks for the information @scottofazph. Nice to understand where we are about that.

Please update the thread if you find interesting info in the future. That will be precious.

as a side note, I also agree with you side note : The Enscape team is doing great job. Congrats!

• Hey Scottofazphx - I just checked out your render of the lounge room in the gallery - its awesome! Can I ask, what did you use for the sofa / other furniture / light pendants etc.? Are these models or RPC? Do you have a movie / walk through animation?

I'm desperate to generate walk throughs - both pre-rendered and VR / real time for my work - however furniture and entourage in general is really letting my work down. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Enscape - fantastic! The images shown in the gallery have really inspired me - just need a helping hand beyond the basics to get going...

• Hi Bart we don't have a tutorial for this at the moment as we didn't find a perfect way to import geometry with textures into Revit.

Revit has it's own handling of imported geometry with textures and the common sense is to remodel it in Revit or to import it via a tool like Archvision Dashboard/Creator.

Hey Jonathan,

It has been years since I've done some programming so I might be completely wrong on this one but... Revit recently (few months back) released a new API called DirectContext3D, specifically made for "displaying external graphics in the context of a Revit model. The API provides a more connected experience to users who can benefit from the ability to display graphics based on geometry that is either difficult or costly to fully import into Revit. "

With other words: we now have ways to 'show' stuff in Revit without it being actually there and slowing down the model.

So what I think would at least be technical possible is: we can place an "Enscape proxy" which has one parameter: a url to a Sketchup file.

- In the revit views, you could render out the object with the DirectContext3D API (which can handle large polycounts)

- In the Enscape window, you render out the sketchup proxy using the normal Enscape engine. (just as it would render as if it was proxied in a Sketchup file)

That way, we would be able to load our model full of Sketchup props (found it the 3D warehouse) without slowing down our models. We might even be able to render face-me objects in Revit this way?

One can always hope, right? :-)