Point Cloud In Revit - Need idea for element placed at x,y,z coordinate

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • So I created a dynamo script which places a sphere family at the x,y,z coordinate of each point contained in a point cloud.

The issue is that the family placement is really slow and the resulting model is "heavy".

My question is rather than a family, is there any other Revit elements I could place at the coordinate and then export to .dxf and view in Enscape?

I tried dynamo points but cant see those. Also adaptive points but since they fall under annotation categories I cannot see them either.

Any help appreciated.

• Enscape as a viewer does not support DXF. You can only run Enscape from a supported design application.

Better to model enough context with the appropriate geometry rather than scatter "atoms" in your project.

• Enscape as a viewer does not support DXF. You can only run Enscape from a supported design application.

Better to model enough context with the appropriate geometry rather than scatter "atoms" in your project.

Sorry I guess I should have elaborated. I am using Revit. I want to export the pointcloud as a DXF file and link into my Revit model to display in Enscape. The idea is you can visualise the point cloud over the modelled MEP services.

I have successfully done this using Dynamo by placing a sphere family at every point in the point cloud, but it is very heavy. I would instead want to use elements which are less demanding such as adaptive points in place of a spherical family.

• Enscape only displays geometry - not lines or points. I'd expect the solution you're recommending of automating. The placement of millions of points will have net negative outcome on performance, compared to manual modeling of a Revit file in order to visualize in Enscape.

• Enscape only displays geometry - not lines or points. I'd expect the solution you're recommending of automating. The placement of millions of points will have net negative outcome on performance, compared to manual modeling of a Revit file in order to visualize in Enscape.

You are repeating what I'm saying and know. I'm looking for ideas...

Anyway I managed to convert the point cloud to a mesh and render that: