Point Cloud In Revit - Need idea for element placed at x,y,z coordinate

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • So I created a dynamo script which places a sphere family at the x,y,z coordinate of each point contained in a point cloud.

The issue is that the family placement is really slow and the resulting model is "heavy".

My question is rather than a family, is there any other Revit elements I could place at the coordinate and then export to .dxf and view in Enscape?

I tried dynamo points but cant see those. Also adaptive points but since they fall under annotation categories I cannot see them either.

Any help appreciated.

• Enscape as a viewer does not support DXF. You can only run Enscape from a supported design application.

Better to model enough context with the appropriate geometry rather than scatter "atoms" in your project.

• Enscape as a viewer does not support DXF. You can only run Enscape from a supported design application.

Better to model enough context with the appropriate geometry rather than scatter "atoms" in your project.

Sorry I guess I should have elaborated. I am using Revit. I want to export the pointcloud as a DXF file and link into my Revit model to display in Enscape. The idea is you can visualise the point cloud over the modelled MEP services.

I have successfully done this using Dynamo by placing a sphere family at every point in the point cloud, but it is very heavy. I would instead want to use elements which are less demanding such as adaptive points in place of a spherical family.

• Enscape only displays geometry - not lines or points. I'd expect the solution you're recommending of automating. The placement of millions of points will have net negative outcome on performance, compared to manual modeling of a Revit file in order to visualize in Enscape.

• Enscape only displays geometry - not lines or points. I'd expect the solution you're recommending of automating. The placement of millions of points will have net negative outcome on performance, compared to manual modeling of a Revit file in order to visualize in Enscape.

You are repeating what I'm saying and know. I'm looking for ideas...

Anyway I managed to convert the point cloud to a mesh and render that: