Stuck on 'Searching For Headmounted Display' when trying to connect to Oculus Quest

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi, I'm trying to connect my Oculus Quest 2 to Enscape but I'm stuck on 'Searching For Headmounted Display' as shown on the attached image.

Everything else works pretty fine, I start Revit through the Oculus and can move about without any issues but when i click on the VR icon it just gets stuck there.

I'm using the latest versions of Enscape and Oculus and running on Nvidia geforce gtx 1650.

• Official Post

Hi, I'm trying to connect my Oculus Quest 2 to Enscape but I'm stuck on 'Searching For Headmounted Display' as shown on the attached image.

Everything else works pretty fine, I start Revit through the Oculus and can move about without any issues but when i click on the VR icon it just gets stuck there.

I'm using the latest versions of Enscape and Oculus and running on Nvidia geforce gtx 1650.

Welcome to our Forum.

Please ensure that you also have Steam and SteamVR installed and both running - On top of that, please make sure that the Oculus application on your machine is not running in the background as that can lead to problems.

Let me know if you're unsuccessful or have any further inquiries whatsoever.

• Demian,

I'm having a similar issue than Ashley. But It's not working, I'm getting these errors.

• After downloading the Steam VR, I keep getting this error even after manually setting up the Quest 2 to usb link.
    • I downloaded the Enscape Preview, I'm not so sure if that automatically display inside Enscape. Or is there any step I'm missing.
    • I also tried a method you mentioned by closing the oculus app and I still have the same error.

Is there any way I can place a support case to talk to someone in your team that can help me with this issue?

Thanks

• Official Post

Welcome to our Forum.

In this case it simply seems that Link is not enabled for your Quest 2 yet as the error message states. Please check out this page here for example to see how you can enable Link.

Besides that, to make use of Enscape VR now the Oculus App has to be open and running, but Steam + SteamVR should not, as neither is required anymore due to improvements in supporting that device. So in that regard, as long as you're using our latest release (which we reccomend) or latest previews, you will only have to own a cable that supports VR, and make sure that the Oculus app is running and Link is enabled in the first place.

Let me know in case you experience any further problems during this process or in case any further questions come up.