Enscape Object Ghost

• Hi dvsone1440

That is odd indeed, can you verify that the object is also not showing in SketchUp when choosing Edit > Unhide > All

If it doesn't, are you able to share the project with us so we can further investigate this issue?

If so, I have sent you a DM with a link where you can upload it to.

• The only scenario I could think of was someone had deleted the shape inside the enscape component (I have young staff working on this model... so possible) but I tried a test and if you open the asset component and delete the generic shape, it seems to disappear in Enscape as well. Which surprised me.. I thought it might stay but it does not.

• Hi dvsone1440

Thank you for sharing the project.

As a quick fix, you could delete the asset by opening the Asset Library in our viewport, select the asset and use the 'delete' button on your keyboard.

So far, I was also not able to figure this out either, but will have another look at this and perhaps include our developers to see what may have caused this, or if we can prevent this from happening again.

I will keep you updated.

• I recently had a user with a similar issue, but in Rhino. There is a "mystery" tree that appears in Enscape, but not Rhino. And two that appear in Rhino, but not Enscape. If I delete the two circled in red, it gets rid of the one circled in blue.

I have replicated on a couple machines using both local and cloud asset libraries. Tried clearing Enscape's data cache. The single tree in blue is selectable in the Enscape window, but after deleting, it gives an error message "unable to apply changes." I've pasted the relevant elements into a new file, attaching here.

• Morning, dvsone1440, glad that worked for you as well!

rifkin , would it be possible for you to share this (test) project with us as well, perhaps this is related and in dsvone's project the actual asset was also in a different location in SU.

If that would be possible, I have sent you a DM with an upload link as well.

• Hey dvsone1440 and rifkin

Our developers have taken a look at this issue, and our assets in the CAD's are usually just an object with our asset id which is an instance of some sort of re-usable component/definition/symbol that holds the placeholder geometry. This also means you can change those instances and those definitions.

They think what happened here is that either the reference to the definition or the definition itself got modified so that an empty object with just the asset id was left over. They would suggest the same action that I mentioned above to delete the asset from Enscape in such cases.

This isn't a bug but just how our asset system works.

• Our developers have taken a look at this issue, and our assets in the CAD's are usually just an object with our asset id which is an instance of some sort of re-usable component/definition/symbol that holds the placeholder geometry. This also means you can change those instances and those definitions.

Fwiw, I think this is a good thing. We've used the ability to edit the guid's many times, and it enables workflows that would otherwise not be possible (for example, have a checkbox in Revit that says "render as asset" or "render as placeholder".

• Thanks for looking into this. I will try that solution.

• We've used the ability to edit the guid's many times

Hi, how did you find the exact guid for a specific model in sketchup? I would like to locate an asset's texture but in sketchup I don't see any guid related stuff on a group object or component object as well. Could you please show us some images where I can find the guid? thanks