Red Flash / Strange Red Glow

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I started noticing that when I change the render quality settings, up or down, I often see a red flash in my preview - it wasn't a problem at first but now it has started appearing in my videos too. I've reduced the output quality down to HD and I still see it (4 times in a 20 second video!). My nvidia 3060Ti should be enough to cope with it I'd have thought

• Official Post

I am sorry to hear about that Grizzler , and thanks for the report.

Can you right away please submit a few example screenshots of this behavior if possible?

Furthermore, definitely make sure that you also have the latest drivers installed for your 3060Ti, which you can (and should) acquire directly here.

If that does not make a difference, please also submit us a Feedback Report as detailed here, so that we can also check the submitted log files for any hints that may explain this behavior at hand. Kindly let me know once you've sent it in too.

• Official Post

It was tricky to capture a frame, hopefully this poor quality image will give you an indication as the red flash was just beginning to dissipate.

Just to make sure, does this occur still after you've updated your graphics card drivers? If so, then we'll definitely require that Feedback Report ideally too as mentioned.

• Official Post

If anything it is happening more now since the last update, but it has been happening for quite a long time, at least two driver updates and two Enscape updates previous

Alright, in that case, we'll investigate your log files too after said report has been submitted. You can let me know once you've done so and I'll also have a look.

• Now that I'm looking out for it I'm seeing it much more, you can see on this screenshot that not only is there a red flash on the metallic components, but there is a pink flash on the trees which are from the asset library - this is from a different project to the previous one I mentioned, but it happens in all of them.

• SketchUp 2021 Pro

Enscape 3.3

GPU Drivers are current

A colleague of mine is experiencing this issue within the Enscape Viewport. It appears to happen if a change occurs that requires Enscape to recalculate. For example, adjusting light settings or adding a new object. The red flash is only present for a brief moment making it seem like its recalculation bug. Oddly enough the issue has occurred in other files but in very rare cases so it's difficult to narrow down what the root cause is.

Curious to see if anyone else has experienced this before?

See the image: with quick hands, we got a screen capture :huh:

Cheers!

• I get this a lot, but only recently (last couple of months or so)

If I pan the camera away and then back the pink eye will be gone, if l render the view, even with the pink eye visible it WONT be in the saved file. If I edit a material; especially a reflective one; then the pink eye will magically appear 80% of the time.

I’m running SU22 latest, Enscape latest and Nvidia driver latest.

• Official Post

Now that I'm looking out for it I'm seeing it much more, you can see on this screenshot that not only is there a red flash on the metallic components, but there is a pink flash on the trees which are from the asset library - this is from a different project to the previous one I mentioned, but it happens in all of them.

I'm afraid it seems that we have not yet received any report from the e-mail you're also using to sign into this Forum. Even if the log files do not show us more, it's still good to have an overview of your machine and such. So pardon for having to ask again, but please very kindly submit a Feedback Report.

Also, does this behavior translate into your renderings, or is this only occurring in videos?

I get this a lot, but only recently (last couple of months or so)

If I pan the camera away and then back the pink eye will be gone, if l render the view, even with the pink eye visible it WONT be in the saved file. If I edit a material; especially a reflective one; then the pink eye will magically appear 80% of the time.

I’m running SU22 latest, Enscape latest and Nvidia driver latest.

The same goes for you in this case. :) If you haven't submitted us a report, please kindly do so and let me know once you've done so - I have not been able to reproduce this behavior at all currently on my machines so again, any further info may help. Do you actually see this behavior translate videos as well like Grizzler?

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “Red Flash” to “Red Flash / Strange Red Glow”.
    • Official Post

Hi jtubb , I hope it is okay that I've moved your post into this collected thread. I've adjusted the title as well to reflect your input too. As with the others, your colleague can gladly submit us a report as I've not been able to reproduce this on multiple machines.

If it may be project related, it would also be great to receive the scene in this case - Should there be any chance, especially if this occurs only in a specific one. Let me know if that is a possibility and I'll share a confidential upload link with you.

Thank you in advance, and I appreciate the input so far.

• This has happened to me on a number of projects across multiple modeling platforms and Enscape versions. Sometimes it goes away when restarting Enscape, but not always. I've done a tiny amount of experimenting and it seems to revolve around fully or partially transparent materials. It is very annoying and you aren't the only one experiencing it.

I attached a similar "glitch" along the same vein as this. Although this red line doesnt glow, it isnt suppose to be there and can be distracting if a client notices it. I have no clue how to elimate it.

• I'm afraid it seems that we have not yet received any report from the e-mail you're also using to sign into this Forum. Even if the log files do not show us more, it's still good to have an overview of your machine and such. So pardon for having to ask again, but please very kindly submit a Feedback Report.

Also, does this behavior translate into your renderings, or is this only occurring in videos?

The same goes for you in this case. :) If you haven't submitted us a report, please kindly do so and let me know once you've done so - I have not been able to reproduce this behavior at all currently on my machines so again, any further info may help. Do you actually see this behavior translate videos as well like Grizzler?

I've just sent it. I think it's just videos and previews and it seems to be worse when there are reflective materials present.

• Same here

Sketchup 2022 Pro

Enscape 3.3

Next job I will submit an error report .