Searching for Head-Mounted-Display

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Good morning, I am having an issue when entering VR mode from Revit. I am using a Quest 2 with Revit trying to enter the VR render mode from Enscape. When I click the VR mode button, my monitor displays a message "Searching for Head-Mounted-Display." Inside the actual VR headset, I see a Revit loading screen. I'm aware that the Quest 2 isn't officially supported by Enscape, but I also have heard of many people who successfully have ran it on their Quest 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

Welcome to our Forum aarroyo .

In order to currently make the Quest 2 work with Enscape, please first off ensure that you have Steam and SteamVR installed and both running.

Let me know if you're unsuccessful or have any further inquiries whatsoever.

• Same issue as aarroyo. On my setup, SteamVR is installed and running. However, SteamVR is dependent upon the Oculus App, in that a link must be established with Oculus Link prior to starting SteamVR. Are you running a third-party installation such as ALVR to link the headset to the PC? As soon as I close the Oculus app on the PC, SteamVR throws an error stating that "Oculus Link Not Enabled". Any guidance you have would be helpful.

Thanks,

• Same issue as aarroyo. On my setup, SteamVR is installed and running. However, SteamVR is dependent upon the Oculus App, in that a link must be established with Oculus Link prior to starting SteamVR. Are you running a third-party installation such as ALVR to link the headset to the PC? As soon as I close the Oculus app on the PC, SteamVR throws an error stating that "Oculus Link Not Enabled". Any guidance you have would be helpful.

Thanks,

Same for me. I can't close the Oculus App without loosing the connection between the Quest 2 and the computer... Two customers having Meta Quest 2 are waiting for a solution.