Strange Background Image Disturbance

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • thanks!

I still don´t understand this Sky-Box thing - i don't know if it's the naming of any certain thing or just your

collective term for any environment ?

Building any 3d model environment is far too much effort for most (of my!) interiors - please read 3 questions:

1 - Why doesn't that happen when I use an HDRI as lightsource with simultaneous visibility as background?

2 - Can be loaded any dummy background image, just as if you would mount it in Photoshop, independent of the

environment you are using for the render itself? (somehow like faked below 8o)

3 - Why can't be used any HDRI just as a visible background setup, although only "the sun" had been used for the illumination?

• Building any 3d model environment is far too much effort for most (of my!) interiors - please read 3 questions:

1 - Why doesn't that happen when I use an HDRI as lightsource with simultaneous visibility as background?

2 - Can be loaded any dummy background image, just as if you would mount it in Photoshop, independent of the

environment you are using for the render itself? (somehow like faked below 8o)

3 - Why can't be used any HDRI just as a visible background setup, although only "the sun" had been used for the illumination?

If you are not going to build the environment, then you can fake it by putting a flat image outside the window (making sure it does not block out the sunlight).

1 - HDRI backgrounds are a full sphere, Enscape backgrounds are a 360º panorama.

2 - You need to put a bit of geometry into the model rather than just picking an image (Enscape has no idea where you want to look or where to put the image)

3 - HDRI contains data about where the sun is in the sphere (so that the image shadows match with the new geometry). This over-writes the Enscape atmosphere settings.

• EGIE Have you already checked our knowledgebase article about skyboxes?

• Thanks so much !!! but not yet =O I will certainly make up for that as soon as I find the time.

At the moment I'm still trying to collect as many impressions as possible from across the Trial (5 days left only) ;)^^