Enscape Sever

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Any model with an Enscape Asset in it, will cause Enscape to either freeze, crash or not boot. When trying to access the library, it says "The Enscape web service encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later."

• Rick Marx

Approved the thread.
  • Hi RyanCV

Welcome to our forum.

Are you using one of our 3.4 previews perhaps?

If so, this is expected currently, we have a bug where the Asset Library fails when using the preview version.

We are unable to resolve this issue on short notice and would advise you to use our stable version as found here.

We are looking into resolving this with our next preview release.

• Seems so odd to me. I had been running 3.4-6 for a few days completely fine with no issues. Updated to 3.4-7. Actually was working for a few hours.

I went to unhide a specific tree and the updating wheel just spun and spun. So I thought it just needed a reboot. Closed it and went to open Enscape again (with the specific tree unhidden) and Enscape would fail to start. Got a couple different errors in "Internal Server Error" and saying my "graphics card wasn't compatible"? I have a 3090 and was running just fine a second ago? I either forgot to write down what they said or Enscape forced quit before reading the information to relay it back to you guys.

So I started troubleshooting. Tried previous preview versions. Ones I knew had worked before. No avail. Go to replace the tree that started this mess and got the error message for the library. So I started to think that the Enscape assets in general were the issue. Cut all 200+ assets from the model. Wallah, it works.

Somewhere in all this fiasco, there was another issue I ran into. This time regarding textures. I went to replace a specific texture that had an albedo bump map and Enscape crashed from it. Multiple times. Resulting in either kicking me out or not able to launch Enscape. I finally just put the old image back into the texture and Enscape worked again.

In regressing back to the stable version, I found my textures that had albedo bump masks in the preview version appear with a transparency adjustment. Good grief. ^^

• I had no issues with 7 yesterday. I used it the entire day and to be honest, I am very impressed with this release... when it works...

I rolled back to the stable release to get some stuff out for a deadline. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

• Oof! I've been on vacation for a while and just encountered this error now that I'm back to work (3.4 preview 2). I couldn't use the newer preview versions as the solar time was messed up and I kept getting the wrong time of day on previously saved views. I'll try the newest preview, but this is quite disappointing..

• Oof! I've been on vacation for a while and just encountered this error now that I'm back to work (3.4 preview 2). I couldn't use the newer preview versions as the solar time was messed up and I kept getting the wrong time of day on previously saved views. I'll try the newest preview, but this is quite disappointing..

Good luck, I can't get it to work at all, I keep getting the server error. I had to roll back.

• Official Post

VStudio , andybot , especially the Asset Library issue should be fully resolved with preview 8. If you still stumble upon any odd behavior, please just let me know of course.