stechup, enscape, vr quest glasses 2

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi, I'm new here.

I use Enscape and ended up buying the Quest 2 glasses. When testing with the program, the image rendered on the glasses is not 100%. I would like to know if Enscape will ever be compatible with Quest 2. I see a post here on the forum 2020, 2021. It's already 2022 and it's still not 100% compatible. I have this doubt. both the escape and quest 2 were expensive. I live in Brazil. If anyone here on the forum can help me improve the quality, I would be grateful.

• Official Post

Hi, I'm new here.

I use Enscape and ended up buying the Quest 2 glasses. When testing with the program, the image rendered on the glasses is not 100%. I would like to know if Enscape will ever be compatible with Quest 2. I see a post here on the forum 2020, 2021. It's already 2022 and it's still not 100% compatible. I have this doubt. both the escape and quest 2 were expensive. I live in Brazil. If anyone here on the forum can help me improve the quality, I would be grateful.

Are you already making use of both Steam + SteamVR alongside the Quest 2? Doing so will yield you a good VR experience currently, so please kindly ensure that you have both installed and running, while at the same time having the Oculus Application itself closed, and not open in the background.

Official support will be added as well, but this is already very close to it in terms of performance and quality.

• use steam vr yes. closed eyewear application. instead of airlik. I'm using the virtual desktop program, to improve the connection. I'm also using cable 3.0

I'm also using the sidequest application to improve even more the power of quest 2 ( graphics. Even so, the image in enscape is blurred. no quality.

my notebook is an alienware 15 r6 with a 3070. it has the power to handle it.

• Official Post

use steam vr yes. closed eyewear application. instead of airlik. I'm using the virtual desktop program, to improve the connection. I'm also using cable 3.0

I'm also using the sidequest application to improve even more the power of quest 2 ( graphics. Even so, the image in enscape is blurred. no quality.

my notebook is an alienware 15 r6 with a 3070. it has the power to handle it.

Can you confirm that only Enscape is blurred like that? Or do other games/applications look fine to you? I am not entirely sure how new you are to VR, but what you perceive may be normal and also the case with other applications. Especially going from a sharp monitor to a VR display can be quite the shift, since everything is usually a lot less sharp.

If other applications are blurry too, you can check the setup resolution through SteamVR for example - You can increase it, but be aware that this can be very demanding. Alongside you may want to reduce the refresh rate as well so that the headset can render frames in higher resolution, just less frequently, IF you decide to increase the resolution.

• todas as outras aplicações estão perfeitamente nos óculos vr. totalmente afiada. apenas o enscape que tem essa imagem baseada.

todos os jogos e outros programas redentores funcionam perfeitamente. Usei o programa para renderizar o unreal engine 5. Porém, decidi migrar para o Enscape por conta de alguns benefícios. mas ele é par. Vou fazer alguns screenshots para vocês terem uma ideia melhor do que está acontecendo aqui comigo.

• Official Post

todas as outras aplicações estão perfeitamente nos óculos vr. totalmente afiada. apenas o enscape que tem essa imagem baseada.

todos os jogos e outros programas redentores funcionam perfeitamente. Usei o programa para renderizar o unreal engine 5. Porém, decidi migrar para o Enscape por conta de alguns benefícios. mas ele é par. Vou fazer alguns screenshots para vocês terem uma ideia melhor do que está acontecendo aqui comigo.

Thanks a lot for that. Please kindly also translate your posts again as you did before, thanks a heap!

• Official Post

https://ibb.co/QnkQxqp 1

https://ibb.co/F0XWcN8 2

https://ibb.co/xs1Fznr 3

I sent 3 images. In the pictures you will see that it takes little to be perfect. so I looked for help. I want to find solutions to be able to continue using enscape.

Thanks for the images. Since I did not mention it prior, and it seems to be still enabled here, please also make sure that DLSS is disabled:

That is because using DLSS inside of VR can generally make the image blurry, or at least not very sharp. It's really a fantastic solution for when using Enscape on a monitor, but not so much inside of VR. This applies in other apps/games as well though and is not limited to just Enscape.

• Are you already making use of both Steam + SteamVR alongside the Quest 2? Doing so will yield you a good VR experience currently, so please kindly ensure that you have both installed and running, while at the same time having the Oculus Application itself closed, and not open in the background.

Official support will be added as well, but this is already very close to it in terms of performance and quality.

Looking forward for the 'official support' and less workarounds to have things just working

• Official Post

my feed back

turning off the dls.. I didn't feel any difference in relation to the blurred image.

Is there any program besides SteamVr that is more optimized that you can recommend? to do a test

What is the resolution which is currently set up in SteamVR? Can you perhaps let me know or simply send me a screenshot of this info?

Further, does it make any difference if you increase or decrease the Rendering Quality in the first tab of our Visual Settings? Perhaps you perceive the image as less blurry once you set the Rendering Quality to Draft or Medium? Doing so can help with clearing up some of the light noise which can occur in not-so-well-lit scenes for example due to how indirect lighting is handled in real-time inside of Enscape.

And the last question, do you experience this blurriness in more well-lit scenes or other projects too?

• I improved the experience. reducing graphics to medium. framerate to 72. and turning off dls in enscape. But pictures still get a little blurry. I believe that if I find a program to replace SteamVr. Solved the problem, I have the impression that steamvr weighs the image a lot and makes it look bad