Enscape for Mac Officially Released for SketchUp

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

Following a successful open Beta, we've just officially released Enscape for Mac for all SketchUp 2021/2022 users.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Available Features and Functionality:

Enscape for Mac for Sketchup 2021 and 2022 includes the following features:

• Real-time visualization – visualize models in real time in the Enscape rendering window.

• Real-time walkthrough – navigate rendered projects with the walk, fly, and perspective modes.

• Export options – export and share design ideas with still renders, 360-degree panoramas, and web standalone options.

• Visual Settings – use a range of atmosphere, image, capture, and rendering settings to create the perfect look.

• Material Editor – use height maps and adjust textures to increase the level of realism.

• Synchronized views – have the Enscape rendering window show the same view as the project.

• Enscape Asset Library – choose from more than 3,000 high-quality, low-poly 3D models to add to a project.

• Manage views – create saved views to easily refer back to a project and seamlessly present it from the best angles.

• Batch rendering – render views in batches to save time in rendering them individually.

• Panorama Tour – create a navigation mode within the Panorama Gallery to easily share designs.

• Language support – Enscape for Mac is available in English, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, French, Polish, and Dutch.

We'll continue providing further functionalities and updates after this initial release.

To see Enscape for Mac in action, watch the video above or register for the upcoming webinar on August 3, 2022.

Finally, sign up here for a free 14-day trial to try it out and to receive further information about future releases!

• Demian Gutberlet

Great to see you've pushed the beta to official release in the roadmap, we have enjoyed testing the BETA over the last few months.

We are however keen to understand how you came to the decision to charge the same monthly/yearly fee for MAC as for Windows, yet the MAC version lacks the video export option which is, in our eyes, the most desirable feature for our studio. I know most others feel the same way too through speaking to our peers.

We're happy to pay the full whack, but before we sign up to paying this fee I'd love to have some honesty and clarity from you and your team on when video export will be released for Mac - I know lots of people have asked on numerous occasions, ourselves included, and I know we'd all appreciate knowing the roadmap here. For example are we looking at the next 1-2 months, 6 months, or longer. Clarity on this means a lot at this stage as we prepare to move forward with potential implementation of this software.

Very much look forward to gaining some clarity here for ourselves and all Enscape users.

Thanks

:)

• I'm seeing reports of errors when running OSX 12.4 or later. 12.3.1 seems fine. Please move to new thread if preferred.

Hey Phil,

thanks for the screenshots. Were are looking into the "unsigned" issue.
    Concerning the screenshot "Unable to handle app files" is actually expected behavior. In this case the customer tried to install Enscape via the extension manager which is not possible. Installation of Enscape works like with a normal application by opening the installer and proceeding as one would normally do. This should preferably happen while SU is closed. Performing a restart after installation of Enscape would be a good idea but is not necessary. It should then show up in the extension manager.

Please test and get back to us if the problem is not solved this way.

• Demian Gutberlet Does this mean that stand-alone exports from windows can now be viewed on Macs?

Stand-alone exports from a windows machine are still in the .exe format which cannot be used by a Mac (except for Windows virtualization situations or VMWARE). For now you can use the Web Standalone to reach Macs with your exported projects but we have recognized the feature request already in the past, thank you.

• "Stand-alone exports from a windows machine are still in the .exe format "

Hi, and thanks, Dan,
    Can they be adapted to allow either a PC or mac output as a feature request (which I did just make one yesterday on the forum)? Separately, is it technically possible for this code to be created or is it a non-starter from a tech viability aspect?

Asking an interior designer or architect to use vmware is a non starter (especially noting some are barely computer viable/capable in the first place) and the web standalone isn't great quality comparatively.

• At the moment such adjustments are not possible. Since the Mac and the PC work totally differently, even on the very base of the file system you would always need an intermediary or reader application for it which we want to explicitly avoid with the standalone version. A standalone always has quite the amount of programming code of Enscape in it so we would be talking about the same executable programming language running on both platforms which is hardly possible at this time. We know about this request and find it very important and interesting but have no way of implementing it at the moment. But who knows, maybe the ongoing fresh development of the Mac version may open up some unexpected possibilities.

But thank you very much for your input on this issue!

• I would -not- think the same exe would work for both. I would assume a seperate choosable file output for each platform (the user would choose which output they wanted to get) since both engines are different. This then may allow the devs to have a seperate code package output per port instead of being a universal exe and minimizing code creation. It would also help with the code bridge point only at the point of outputting the exe. Theoretically then if a PC user output a mac version then maybe that pc user wouldnt even be able to validate it worked properly unless they migrated the file to a mac themselves before sending to a client but ultimately that would allow control/workflow to the creator instead of having it be a concern and ability of the client (and potentially not even being able to do it at all as it is now).

• HI

Ive downloaded the new version of Enscape for mac. Im having issues with my spot lights. Ive added them to my sketchup and they come up on the renders but they dont emit the light. Ive tried adjusting the lumen intensity and the beam. Nothing happens> Ive even deleted them and re drew them but no luck.

Also do we only get spot and rectangle lights with this version for mac. I see no other options available to me. Im having to use rectangle lights for all my ceiling led indirect lighting and is a bit tedious.

PLease help

• Hey Phil,

thanks for the screenshots. Were are looking into the "unsigned" issue.
    Concerning the screenshot "Unable to handle app files" is actually expected behavior. In this case the customer tried to install Enscape via the extension manager which is not possible. Installation of Enscape works like with a normal application by opening the installer and proceeding as one would normally do. This should preferably happen while SU is closed. Performing a restart after installation of Enscape would be a good idea but is not necessary. It should then show up in the extension manager.

Please test and get back to us if the problem is not solved this way.

Did not try to install via Extensions Manager. Just double click installer file and followed install instructions. Previous beta (which only supported SU 2021) worked.

• Can you please test the settings for "Artificial light brightness" under "Illumination" in the "Atmosphere" section of the Visual settings? There, you might be able to adjust the lights to show up.

At the moment we only offer the spotlights and rectangular lights for the Mac client. The other light options will definitely by pushed to you by future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience at this time.

• Daniel SchuesslerKaeferle

Maybe you'll kindly be able to answer the above for us?

All the best,

• Hello Sandy,

unfortunately we cannot give a definitive time frame for the update on certain features since it is an ongoing process that involves many parties in addition to the developers. As soon as there is some information on feature and/or language updates we will gladly inform our user base via the mailing list since we want to get this into your hands as soon as possible.

Concerning you question on the pricing: It’s important to understand that we sell a universal license. We have never required users to purchase separate licenses for each CAD program we support, and we are doing the same for the two operating systems we now support. We want to offer users one easy-to-manage, flexible license at one low price and not discriminate between different hardware, software or operating systems as we would find this unfair to the respective user base.

• So I have used Enscape when it was open Beta and got a trial license for that. Now that it is released I want to try it out with all the features that were added in the release version. Problem is that my trial license has expired (open beta one) so I can't trial the "full" version now. Is it possible to reset this or ask for a new trial license with another email address?

Best,

Peter

AMD Ryzen 12core, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080 Super, Sketchup 22 Pro, Archicad 25, VectorWorks 2020