Revit sun position bug

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hey,

After the recent update, a small but very annoying glitch appeared into my workflow:

Yes, you can adjust sun position in Enscape, which is great, but:

1) I have a Revit 3D view with accurate GEO location and also my project has been oriented according to true north

2) I open Enscape, and the sun is in the right spot; with only U and I, it changes the time of day, in the right manner

3) I create a static 3D view in Enscape, I don't adjust the sun position since I have GEO location and True North set correct, so I only adjust it prior making the view with U and I

After 3), the sun location entirely "resets" in Enscape. It kinda forgets where the north is, and it kinda forgets what the GEO location is, so U and I only moves sun's location in one straight line.

This is fixed by "reloading" the original 3D view that had the correct geo location settings and proceeding into creating new views one by one, always reloading one. I tried unchecking the "Save Enscape sun position" option in creating the view, but it does not remove the issue, as I would have expected, so I guess the actual bug is right here.

A small but meaningful thing.

Keep up the good work and thank you for a fantastic product.

• Hi Sheik

Can you verify if this is happening as well for you when leaving the 'Save Enscape sun settings' off, as seen here, in the newly created views?

Additionally, can you send me a feedback report including the log files as seen here, so I have a bit more information to try and reproduce this issue as well.

Please add my name and a link to this thread in the description for context.

• Hi, I quote myself: "I tried unchecking the "Save Enscape sun position" option in creating the view, but it does not remove the issue"

I'll see when I'm rendering next time to send the some logs.