3.4 extreme loading and bad quality

thanks for the update, do you know which custom assets it could be from the model, I could try removing these when I do tests on 3.4 later today hopefully. I am on a project so if I can find the time to do this I will but it might have to wait :)

Unfortunately the human readable asset names don't show in the renderer, just their unique identifier (e.g. 23139ce0-a45a-4d9c-90f7-b586b0df598c). As mentioned above, I'd recommend to hide all assets for testing.

Also in case the image shows up completely dark as in the screenshot above, it'd be interesting to know if that changes if you disable hardware ray-tracing in the renderer settings.

Thanks!

• Thank you everyone for your patience, Herbo , hbc_visual , Vlad Moldovan , Tearch .

To now further analyze the cause behind this issue, any one of you can acquire the following custom Enscape version:

https://installer.enscape.io/Enscape-3.4.1%2b86452.msi

Please note:

This version is intended solely for the purpose of finding the root cause of the reported long loading times - this is not a fix for the problem yet.

Please do not use the Material Editor, because it might not work properly, and please also do not save the project using this version, because it might break the project. Other features might not work properly as well.

If the loading time with this version is reduced to a similar level as in 3.3, we still have to figure out how to fix this issue, and we cannot give any promise on any timeline for this just yet.

Last but not least, even if the loading time has not greatly improved or improved at all, please still submit us a Feedback Report each with your log files.

Thank you very much again in advance for your cooperation.

• I appear to have the same issue after upgrading to 3.4 on a reasonably small model (51mb). Enscape hangs at '99% export materials' for 30+ mins. Current drivers, fresh install, nothing helped. After troubleshooting the model for a while I found that deleting proxies made Enscape load just like it would before. I copied those models back into my main file and haven't had any issues since. Not being able to use proxies is a kind of a bummer but it's what works now... Hope this helps.

• Herbo , hbc_visual , Vlad Moldovan , Tearch , pardon to bother, but perhaps you may still have a chance to test out the special version we've uploaded? If you simply do not have any time or resources to try this out at the moment, then of course no problem, I simply wanted to add this reminder though. Once you have the chance, kindly get back here in this thread with your reports so that we can analyze this further.

I appear to have the same issue after upgrading to 3.4 on a reasonably small model (51mb). Enscape hangs at '99% export materials' for 30+ mins. Current drivers, fresh install, nothing helped. After troubleshooting the model for a while I found that deleting proxies made Enscape load just like it would before. I copied those models back into my main file and haven't had any issues since. Not being able to use proxies is a kind of a bummer but it's what works now... Hope this helps.

Thanks for the report. If you do have the chance, could you perhaps also have a look at my post just above, in which I go into detail regarding the special Enscape installer/version used to troubleshoot this? All you have to do is install that version  (hyperlink to the installer) and check if the project loads this way. Whether it does or not, please also definitely submit a Feedback report as well.

• Hi Demian Gutberlet sorry but project work is bit too heavy currently to try out the version, if I get a chance I will try. Is it something where I can send you the files and you can play around with it in house or do you need me to fire it up and do it? Sorry I would usually jump on it but just hard to down tools!

Thanks for your response and no worries at all of course!

What you'd have to do is simply install this version of Enscape which our Devs produced to troubleshoot this further, and after doing so you can check if this makes any difference on the loading time whatsoever. If it does not, or even if it does, you would then also submit a Feedback Report which is most vital here. So, simply put, after installing you just have (try) to start Enscape once and make use of the feedback button, that is it.

Make sure to also check out my reply just above to read through all the details.

We'd really appreciate the cooperation, but of course, if you simply are not able to squeeze this in at the moment no worries.

• Demian Gutberlet

I ran a little test with the same model. Here are the loading times for the versions I tested.

3.4.1+85781 - 37.5 Seconds

3.5.0-preview.2+86270 - 28.4 Seconds

3.4.1+86452 - 24.8 Seconds

3.4.0+84039 - 27.4 Seconds

The file I used is only about 14 mb. It does have 2,750 Enscape plants. Minus the plants the model is only 113,129 faces.

• I appreciate you taking the time Tearch - Would you be so very kind as to also briefly submit that feedback report? :) Ideally, let me know once you've sent it too.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

• Herbo , hbc_visual , Vlad Moldovan , Tearch , pardon to bother, but perhaps you may still have a chance to test out the special version we've uploaded? If you simply do not have any time or resources to try this out at the moment, then of course no problem, I simply wanted to add this reminder though. Once you have the chance, kindly get back here in this thread with your reports so that we can analyze this further.

Thanks for the report. If you do have the chance, could you perhaps also have a look at my post just above, in which I go into detail regarding the special Enscape installer/version used to troubleshoot this? All you have to do is install that version  (hyperlink to the installer) and check if the project loads this way. Whether it does or not, please also definitely submit a Feedback report as well.

Hi Demian

I've been loaded up with projects the last couple of weeks, but might have the time to install the test vesion today or tomorrow, and give the feedback you are asking for. hopefully :-) and thank you for working on a fix for this! great news :-)

• Demian Gutberlet Feedback report while that test version is installed?

It will suffice if you submit the report from any version, as long as you've tried to start Enscape using the custom installer, which you did.

Thanks a lot.

• Im getting crashing as of today on the 2 variations of 3.4 that i have. Im reverting back to 3.3.1 as it seems stable for now and i need to output for a job. Should i try the version posted above after the project?

my scenario is as soon as i create an enscape object such as a light sphere - it crashes skp immediately (enscape does not need to be running). This occurs even with no model open (template only).

• Im getting crashing as of today on the 2 variations of 3.4 that i have. Im reverting back to 3.3.1 as it seems stable for now and i need to output for a job. Should i try the version posted above after the project?

my scenario is as soon as i create an enscape object such as a light sphere - it crashes skp immediately (enscape does not need to be running). This occurs even with no model open (template only).

I think right away it suffices if you just send in a feedback report from your current version, even if it's 3.3.1 we'll get the corresponding logfiles from version 3.4.x too. Thank you in advance, and please be so kind as to let me know once you've submitted it? :)

• feedback sent

Thanks a lot - As per the automatic response you've just received, please update your GPU drivers as the current ones installed on your machine are from November 2021. If that does not make any difference, please simply submit another report. I appreciate your cooperation.

Also note: Windows itself may often tell you that the current graphics card drivers are up to date even when that isn't true. So, acquire said drivers directly from AMD's homepage.

• I cannot update the vid drivers. It loses functionality that I need related to eyefinity.

Is there any chance you could install the latest drivers (temporarily) just to see if that would resolve the problem?

Especially since this may very well be related to those outdated drivers I'm afraid. You could re-install the previous drivers of your choice right after testing of course.

• I finally installed 3.4.1+87719 yesterday and I'm trying to render a model I've rendered a number of times before.

For over 10mins (approx) its been sat like so:

I cant wait any longer, I'm going to have to reinstall 3.3.2+82281.

I could close the Enscape Window but I had to terminate SketchUp.

I'll send feedback and link to this thread once I've reinstalled 332 and got the renders done.

Ammend1:

Rebooted, Installed 332, rebooted.

Agggh, in 332 the model is giving me a '35 missing asset render data' error .... Time to reset the asset lib before I can render this proj.

Ammend2:

3m38s for the progress bar to disappear in SketchUp and another 49s for the render to appear in the Enscape Window.

Rendering 17 4k x 3k stills now without any problems.

Ammend3:

Renders done and feedback sent with link to this post

A thought: All my 'own' proxies are external, I do not use the custom assets (nor do I intend to), could they be a cause of the problem to 3.4?

• Thanks a lot, Paul, I'll forward your report to our developers accordingly. Also, I cannot say for sure yet whether or not using proxies is causing this problem here, but you'll hear back from me of course as soon as I have any further info.