Linked Model Workflow - materials

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • In our office we typically have a building model(s) and a site model. Most of the renderings are completed in the site model

What is the best way to manage material settings for the building model(s)

Ideally I would modify the materials in the site model - and then when I reload the linked model those settings would apply to the newly linked model

Potential downsides - the teams working on the linked models may rename/change applied materials. So if we do the material editing on the building model, will those settings carry through to the site model?

Does that make sense? What workflows are other folks using?

Are those enscape material settings stored in the settings.xml file in /Documents/Enscape or are they stored in the model itself, or somewhere differently?

• mpotoka I guess you talk about linking SketchUp files into one main SketchUp file. The linked file uses the materials defined in it, and the main model uses it's own materials. No overriding by name or any other mechanism exists. No materials are stored in the settings, they are included in the skp files (with the exception of additional textures which are linked by folder+filename)