OpenGL issues with Nvidia T2000 GPU on Sketchup2021 and Enscape 3.4

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi all!

One of our end users are experiencing issues with moving around in rendering mode with Enscape in Sketchup2021.
    It crashes with the following message:

The computer has two GPU's. One from Intel and one from Nvidia (T2000). The Intel GPU has been disabled.

The computer is running without any external devices connected. No docking station or external monitor.
    Tried the following troubleshooting steps:

* Updating all GPU drivers and all other hardware drivers
    * Updated Windows 10 to latest build

* Made a clean reinstall of both Sketchup and Enscape

* Added Sketchup and Enscape in the Nvidia Control Panel to use the Nvidia GPU

* Added priority in Windows 10 to use high capacity GPU with Sketchup and Enscape.

Logs have been sent through feedback function.

• Are you getting the drivers from Nvidia and Intel (don't rely on win update or laptop provider's tools)?

The display controller is part of the intel GPU, so everything is routed through related hardware, even when disabled. Disabling the intel GPU shouldn't be neccessary and I would leave it enabled and get it updated.

Also check out any power management related settings - the nvidia Cp has some which control power useage also. Prefere Maximum performance is probably the one to use during troubleshooting.

• Are you getting the drivers from Nvidia and Intel (don't rely on win update or laptop provider's tools)?

The display controller is part of the intel GPU, so everything is routed through related hardware, even when disabled. Disabling the intel GPU shouldn't be neccessary and I would leave it enabled and get it updated.

Also check out any power management related settings - the nvidia Cp has some which control power useage also. Prefere Maximum performance is probably the one to use during troubleshooting.

Thank you Adam for your reply.

The drivers for the Nvidia GPU is downloaded an installed from nvidia.com. All other drivers and firmware have been updated through Lenovo Service Bridge, since it's a Lenovo P15 laptop.

Interesting information regarding the display controller. In relation to that information I would like to add that by "disable" of the Intel GPU, I mean a change in BIOS have been made. The setting changed in BIOS is from Hybrid Graphics to Discrete Graphics, which enables the solo use of the Nvidia GPU.

I will check on the Maximum Performance setting in Nvidia Control Panel.

• I've got a response from Enscape Support suggesting these steps in settings to work around the issue. These settings are already applied in the setup, pre troubleshooting.
    Sounds like they are confirming a bug: