Editing Custom Asset Materials Without Changing Materials For Other Users

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • I am trying to implement a shared library of custom assets at my firm and am in the initial stages of testing. I have run into a pretty major issue and I can't seem to find any information about it on the forum. After a custom asset is created with its preliminary materials, once those materials are edited by a user those materials seems to get updated in every project that contained that custom asset. Is there a way to give the user the ability to change the materials on an asset for a specific project while not pushing the materials to other projects that contain that same asset?

I am working with shared network folders for both the 'Assets Projects' and 'Exported Assets' folders.

Thanks,

• If you edit a custom asset everyone will see the changes.

If you need to edit the characteristics of a custom asset and keep those characteristics unique for a project you need to create a new custom asset. At this time there's no efficient/predictable workflow for iteration of custom assets.

• This has requested many times before, please add your vote to this topic: Changing materials

Also, make sure to mention you would like this functionality for CUSTOM assets as well as (presumably) the default assets. The custom assets is a different feature set than the regular assets, so if they add material overwrites for the default assets, it will not necessarily work with the custom assets.