Should I stay with Enscape?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Let's ask Demian Gutberlet 8)

This is exactly the kind of thing that worries me, zero response. As much as like Enscape it is giving me bad vibes about how it values its customers and whether they're even going to attempt to stay relevant. My staying or going depends on receiving a reasonable response from them - I don't expect them to leak any corporate secrets, just some kind of reassurance would be great.

Anyone who has been in a relationship where the partner withdraws from them and barely speaks recognises when things are coming to an end, I'm getting that feeling now. Don't leave me Enscape, I love you, just think of all the good times we've had together, we can both change! ^^

• Don't forget that D5 and Twinmotion are both based on the Unreal Engine which is much more developed (rain, volumetrics, etc). So the render engines build their skin around that. It is also the reason that both renders can handle larger polygon counts for trees etc giving them more detail. Unreal Engine is absolutely great at all those things. I have Twinmotion as well, but as mentioned the speed and direct integration of Enscape makes it more suitable for my workflow.

Best,

• This is exactly the kind of thing that worries me, zero response. As much as like Enscape it is giving me bad vibes about how it values its customers and whether they're even going to attempt to stay relevant. My staying or going depends on receiving a reasonable response from them - I don't expect them to leak any corporate secrets, just some kind of reassurance would be great.

Anyone who has been in a relationship where the partner withdraws from them and barely speaks recognises when things are coming to an end, I'm getting that feeling now. Don't leave me Enscape, I love you, just think of all the good times we've had together, we can both change! ^^

Unfortunately it has been already 3 weeks without any reaction from Demian Gutberlet or someone else from the Enscape team. I guess our 'complaints' / 'wishes' are not worth a response even though the purpose of this critique is 'to make Enscape better' and the aim to stay with it.

• Official Post

Unfortunately it has been already 3 weeks without any reaction from Demian Gutberlet or someone else from the Enscape team. I guess our 'complaints' / 'wishes' are not worth a response even though the purpose of this critique is 'to make Enscape better' and the aim to stay with it.

Pardon me for not getting back to you earlier DeKoetsier . Since this topic also came up in this thread, we wanted to release some dedicated detailed news about the Vray - Enscape bridge but that, unfortunately, had to be delayed to due to internal reasons. Once I'm able to share more about this, I'll do so. It will be very interesting for anyone using Vray and Enscape together already.

Despite the fact that we did not make an open statement about the topics in this thread, we're reading what you are saying. PM is currently still working on some further info on making our internal process clearer regarding requested features. Still, I cannot go into much further detail about them individually (despite referring to the roadmap or voting portal). I know this isn't a truly really satisfying response, but I'll do my best to keep you informed about any upcoming features once I know they'll be implemented definitely (either in relation to Chaos products or mainly Enscape itself).

• However, it is slow. We cant use it in the design phase. Waiting 3-4 mins for a render is not an option for us.

EDIT: It appears that "higher than ultra" IS being looked at and they are requesting feedback. PLEASE GO VOTE!

https://portal.productboard.co…l&utm_source=portal_share

Thanks for the insight. As an Archvis guy 3-4 mins is totally doable (actually pretty fast) I actually wait that long or longer for many of my high res images from Enscape. I can see how you may not be able to and everyone has their own personal compromise between time constraints and quality.

My main gripe (and it is quite inexplicable that we have had zero traction) is that we have very basic ability to choose level of quality vs speed. The current quality slider is a joke.

Enscape apparently does not want to provide the ability for us to set our machines running for 15-30mins (for example) and achieve the upper 20% of quality.

The integration of vray likely would provide that, but will cost ~2x the cost or more compared to Enscape alone.

We will also be have to explain why animations can't look the same as the still images (without significantly longer and cost prohibitive render times) and VR simply wont be a similar quality to Vray.

D5 and Unreal both seem like contenders for All In One renderers which are at least trying to provide uncompromising quality and speed for all three output types..... Still Images / Animation / VR.

For this reason (and obviously price) Archvis guys are going to be using them.

We can obviously use both as well.

• Official Post

Customer feedback email just landed in my inbox - the link to the survey doesn't work!

Can you kindly share the link-url you've used with me too? Here, or via a DM would be great.

• Official Post

Thanks for your reply Grizzler .

Unfortunately, due to a technical issue, the invite was sent out ahead of schedule. A new invite with a working link will be sent out in the following days.

We look forward to your participation in the upcoming survey as always. :)

• Official Post

Just as a heads-up for anyone who did not stumble upon the Vray + Enscape announcement here in the Forum, have a look at the thread I linked and our dedicated blog post alongside.

If you wish to share your thoughts and feedback with us, kindly do so in the main Forum thread. I'm looking forward to your input.

• Just skimming through this thread, I agree with Paul in that I like to do all my work in SKP and I do not like to work in enscape itself simply due to then only needing 1 place to edit the source material if needed and I love the real time integration between the 2 programs. Having said that, I would extremely prefer the option of having higher quality renders which included additional features or superior quality. People like Rdtest1 could use a lower quality option to get quicker renders and others can add functionality/features/quality knowing that that would require longer render times. Back in my CPU rendering days, Ive had renders take multiple days so something that took 0-5 min is fantastic and if I needed it quicker - turning down the options would give me that flexibility needed. The problem comes when I need the ability and have no options but to look at other products.

As far as vray integration, I don't need to use both products and am not interested in doing so. Integration with vray materials might be nice (or creating materials algorithmically) but I'm happy with my own library and I think the benefit would be minimal for me but I'll keep an open mind on that portion. Currently, it's good from a business perspective but not yet shown from the consumer perspective.

• jlo totally agree, Enscape is all I need, or more accurately it produces results that our clients are more than happy about. I could spend another day tweaking this and that in VRay to produce something 5-10% better (assuming I’m skilled enough to do so) but unless our clients had seen the original(s) it’s not better it’s still just the final renders to them.

I’d gladly see my renders go upto ½ hour each on a ‘super’ setting for final output if it meant the reflections worked properly.

• Do we know yet whether the integration between V-ray and Enscape will be one-way or two-way, and will there be an additional cost? I was on a webinar the other day showing the integration and looks interesting. If you're a V-ray user will you get access to Enscape and if you're an Enscape user will you get access to V-ray, or will we have to purchase both software to benefit? If so going back to the original post by Grizzler our costs would double to see these imporvements. Apologies if this has been answered on another forum post or elsewhere, I haven't seen it so thought I would ask.

• I've read that vray has incorporated the enscape sky system and enscape has incorporated vray material attributes/integration and that's all I heard so far. Either way, these aren't features that I find important for enscape itself to keep me motivated into the future and as my annual sub comes to an end in a couple of months, I will seriously be looking at both superior alternatives (like unreal engine) and cheaper alternatives such as D5 and I will be making serious decisions then. I would be interested in doing enscape month to month but that price is currently ridiculous especially compared to the annual cost so I'm not really happy about that concept either and I don't know that I want to be locked into enscape for a full 2023. Enscape is great because it's simple and still high quality but it's losing it's edge all around imo.

If I could roll off the annual into a month to month but still pay the same price without the lock-in then I would probably do it maybe indefinitely but not sure I want to be locked into the annual term as a forced option.

• will there be an additional cost? I was on a webinar the other day showing the integration and looks interesting. If you're a V-ray user will you get access to Enscape and if you're an Enscape user will you get access to V-ray, or will we have to purchase both software to benefit? If so going back to the original post by Grizzler our costs would double to see these imporvements. Apologies if this has been answered on another forum post or elsewhere, I haven't seen it so thought I would ask.

DOULBE the subscription cost. They are not bundling both as one. Just early days of compatibility, since Chaos merged with Enscape (more aptly - Ensacpe joined Chaos). Won't be surprised to see some sort of higher cost "discounted" package subscription fee within the year. I expect V-Ray Vision to eventually just become Enscape or something like that.