Should I stay with Enscape?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • The feeling I'm getting based on the drip fed information and the careful omission of other info, is that V-ray + Enscape will be like Michael Jackson and the rest of the Jackson 5. I'm really not getting a good vibe from the recent "compatibility with V-Ray!" email, it's pretty clear where Chaos' priorities lie, they will probably cherry pick the best attributes and then Enscape will be gone ?.

• Grizzler This happens every time a large company buys a smaller one, Adobe and Substance, every AAA game publisher and smaller game studios, Meta and Oculus. This could be seen from a mile away and yet they still won't come out and just say it. Choas will cherry-pick Enscape apart and discard the corpse when there's nothing left.

• It would be very sad, unfortunately history shows that yes, usually the intention is always to take the best in them, technologies, patents and leverage their main product (sky system on corona 9 and vray 6), realtime is a branch in which chaos has really been trying without much success (, Vray GPU and vantage). And Enscape has everything to dominate the archiviz, just a few improvements, like vegetation for example, I hope chaos doesn't interrupt this.

• jlo totally agree, Enscape is all I need, or more accurately it produces results that our clients are more than happy about. I could spend another day tweaking this and that in VRay to produce something 5-10% better (assuming I’m skilled enough to do so) but unless our clients had seen the original(s) it’s not better it’s still just the final renders to them.

I’d gladly see my renders go upto ½ hour each on a ‘super’ setting for final output if it meant the reflections worked properly.

I totally agree, too. Exactly what my situation is. I used vray when I am a max user and that was more than a decade ago so I don't know if now it is as easy to use as enscape. I like spending more time modelling (just like enscape's workflow) in any given timeline to minimize post processing, not a fan of tweaking vray so I used solidrocks to simplify things. Sketchup is now my 3D tool and when they got enscape here in the office, I was amazed and did not miss vray. I feel enscape has good support though not as fast as let's say years ago and produced renderings that's ok for clients, straight - without even need do post photoshopping. I'm also just sharing my views because many times I did used TM mostly for videos. Though I needed to replace the enscape's asstes, it's ok for better controls and some cooler features like how the water looks, built in scatter. I read here about the D5 and tried it - I'd say with just the extra press to sync my sketchup views to the render window, it is a contender. I even tried some of my models that is crashing the 3.4 and did not have any problems with D5.

• The inclusion of TwinMotion for Revit with the AEC Collection adds a significant twist to the plot. The Unreal Engine handles bigger files and provides better quality than what Enscape is (currently) capable of achieving. It also has many features that Enscape doesn't have such as terrain editing, weathering, better vegetation distribution, animated and posable assets, among others.

While Enscape is my primary choice because of extreme ease of use, it is lacking in some of these desired features. I've played briefly with the V-ray beta and there is a pretty hefty learning curve. I'm also guessing there are additional licenses and costs involved that haven't really been mentioned.

• I actually took the black friday deal so I'm in for another year although I certainly think I need to investigate alternatives at the same time. For me, I would like to go straight to Unreal engine 5 as my alternate of choice.

Demian, My card got double charged since it apparently added a 2nd licence instead of adding time to my current one and my current license just renewed automatically. I sent an email but can you follow up as well?

• Official Post

Demian, My card got double charged since it apparently added a 2nd licence instead of adding time to my current one and my current license just renewed automatically. I sent an email but can you follow up as well?

No worries, I've made them aware so if you've already contacted licensing@enscape3d.com you'll also be contacted again rather soon by our licensing team.

• The inclusion of TwinMotion for Revit with the AEC Collection adds a significant twist to the plot. The Unreal Engine handles bigger files and provides better quality than what Enscape is (currently) capable of achieving. It also has many features that Enscape doesn't have such as terrain editing, weathering, better vegetation distribution, animated and posable assets, among others.

While Enscape is my primary choice because of extreme ease of use, it is lacking in some of these desired features. I've played briefly with the V-ray beta and there is a pretty hefty learning curve. I'm also guessing there are additional licenses and costs involved that haven't really been mentioned.

The Revit news had bypassed me so I'm not sure of the significance to me personally as a sketchup user. UE would be overkill for my projects as I just need quick but reasonable approximations to present landscape concepts, that's why Enscape has been my preferred renderer for the last 4 years - it's looking like TM will be my next move unless there's an announcement before my licence renewal that gives me hope.

• The inclusion of TwinMotion for Revit with the AEC Collection adds a significant twist to the plot. The Unreal Engine handles bigger files and provides better quality than what Enscape is (currently) capable of achieving.

I am not sure.
    I always preferred Enscape's more precise ArchViz looking GI quality.

And the better suited Material Library, Virtual Sky, .... in the past.

But over the last 3 years the difference got smaller and will in the future.

I think, full Unreal would already offer more features in this regard than I will

ever wish for my work for the next decade.

It is just that full UE is just a monstrous bloatware with non industry standard

UI/GUI that is not accessible to mere humans.

So I would prefer Enscapes UI nevertheless, or even Twinmotion.

(mainly for a perpetual license (!) offer and entourage spread offers)

And for non-Windows/Nvidia users, like Apple ARM users, there are still some

downsides, that may stay that way for the near future.

It may need 2-3 years lag for TM to include all UE bells and whistles for ArchViz

but you can be confident that TM will evolve.

So from an Apple ARM users view, for now, I think Enscape's quality and usability

is better.

• Demian Gutberlet I would appreciate it if our concerns were passed on to whoever makes decisions at Chaos, it seems I'm not alone and you could be facing a customer exodus in 2023 unless you address those concerns very soon. Enscape has clearly got a lot of brand loyalty which is why we're reluctant to leave, but when it comes to our livelihoods then that takes priority.

• I have tried so many times to move to TwinMotion. But for my particular workflow, Enscape running natively within SketchUp has some very real and tangible benefits for working quickly, particularly if the design is constantly changing. Likely not going anywhere for a while, but it's certainly not for a lack of trying. That's not good thing for a customer to be constantly seeking out.

• Tim Based on the recent features introduced, I.E. site context feature, placing assets in Enscape(not the model), and movement of setting into the plug-in rather than the modeling software, I wouldn't be surprised if Enscape takes the route of D5, Lumion, and Twin motion by becoming a stand-alone real soon. Unfortunately, current software limits the ability of plugins to add certain advanced features like a terrain editor and multi-asset brush placement. Just my two cents.

• Tim Based on the recent features introduced, I.E. site context feature, placing assets in Enscape(not the model), and movement of setting into the plug-in rather than the modeling software, I wouldn't be surprised if Enscape takes the route of D5, Lumion, and Twin motion by becoming a stand-alone real soon. Unfortunately, current software limits the ability of plugins to add certain advanced features like a terrain editor and multi-asset brush placement. Just my two cents.

I also see it becoming a stand-alone application so it's not limited by being a SU plugin. Hopefully they are more like D5, in that you add light objects within the SketchUp model and then the external D5 app renders them appropriately vs a data link refresh. This is much better for my use than in TwinMotion where you need to replace objects all over the place as you add them in. Basically, you can still add a light object within a component and just be on your way vs placing them one by one. Landscape/brush tools would also be a huge benefit.

• I also see it becoming a stand-alone application so it's not limited by being a SU plugin. Hopefully they are more like D5, in that you add light objects within the SketchUp model and then the external D5 app renders them appropriately vs a data link refresh. This is much better for my use than in TwinMotion where you need to replace objects all over the place as you add them in. Basically, you can still add a light object within a component and just be on your way vs placing them one by one. Landscape/brush tools would also be a huge benefit.

I'm not sure about it becoming a standalone, mainly due to the fanare that accompanied v-ray getting integrated into SU in April 2021, so Enscape separating would be a huge backwards step which would definitely make me leave more than anything else. The only thing enscape is best as is speed and ease, so if that goes then what's the point?

• I'm not sure about it becoming a standalone, mainly due to the fanare that accompanied v-ray getting integrated into SU in April 2021, so Enscape separating would be a huge backwards step which would definitely make me leave more than anything else. The only thing enscape is best as is speed and ease, so if that goes then what's the point?

Enscape is not a modeling program and doesn't create geometry. Moving it to its own stand-alone application will have very meaningful benefits to it's capabilities....as long as they keep some of the workflow inside SketchUp natively- as I've described with what D5 does. All managed via a "simple" sync plugin. VRay integration to SU is more of a bundle than anything and not coded directly into SketchUp, as far as I know. Nothing particularly special there. They just wanted to offer a "standard" rendering engine with SketchUp to offer a complete architectural visualization package vs hunting around for 3rd party applications.

To further muddy the waters, Chaos and Enscape have some sort of "merger" business relationship/structure and there are obvious overlaps in the software packages. Only a matter of time...

Anyway, I continues to use Enscape because it's MUCH faster to live model and render at the same time. I use the render engine to help guide some of my lighting and interior decor decisions long before final design documents.