mirror shadows reflections

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hello,
    I have this strange bug:
    weird shadows apeare in mirror reflections (both in Enscape window and after render)
    these shadows are not effected or create by any lights!
    I couldnt get rid of it no matter what i tried (include deleting all lights and changed every last parameter in enscape)
    * it also appeares on a new file with only flat mirror...
    **Graphic card updated
    Tried on both last preview and official versions of Enscape.
    any suggestions?

• Official Post

Ofri , thanks for your post.

This has been brought up quite a few times at this point so we created a dedicated FAQ article here as well that goes into a bit more detail as to why our real-time reflections behave the way they do. Perfect mirrors in general are hard to often impossible to faithfully render in real-time applications, so it's often a matter of playing with the perspective and objects in the scene to achieve the results you are looking for.

We are quite aware of these limitations and added further improvements with 3.4, but will of course keep working on improving them even further. It also helps if you own a raytracing capable card, but this can also still lead to some artifacts potentially in something like perfect reflections.