Enscape keeps Crashing

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Thanks for the quick response, Demian Gutberlet.

When the Enscape error reporting window pops up (the one that asks customer to fill out info), the computer only gives me about five seconds to fill in the necessary information before it halts/freezes. I have yet to figure out how to resolve this. If there's a way to manually extract the error logs for your analysis, I'm happy to try that avenue.

I'm sorry to hear about that - If so you can also send us the log files manually indeed:

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs

SketchUp plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeSketchupPlugin

You can just package everything in a .zip file and attach it with your next reply - Given that your GPU unfortunately just barely meets our requirements (especially video memory) it could be your graphics card giving in especially when the project(s) may not be on the smaller side. Do you experience this is an empty scene too? Just to make sure and thanks in advance for your effort.

• I have struggled mightily with this and never got this answer. I was told to install new drivers every time. Wow. So when will this actually be fixed. Never got any usable help from support. Eventually I did find that for some reason with newer versions of Enscape, there can be issues with textures. I wish Enscape would just return to being more dependable.

Also what Dpho said....yeah you only get .5 seconds to fill out the info before it locks up your computer. Enscape had me believing this was just unique to me.

• Official Post

I have struggled mightily with this and never got this answer. I was told to install new drivers every time. Wow. So when will this actually be fixed. Never got any usable help from support. Eventually I did find that for some reason with newer versions of Enscape, there can be issues with textures. I wish Enscape would just return to being more dependable.

Also what Dpho said....yeah you only get .5 seconds to fill out the info before it locks up your computer. Enscape had me believing this was just unique to me.

I'm sorry to hear about that - Could you perhaps share the e-mail with me used to contact our support just so I can look into this as well? You can do so via a direct message for confidentiality.

Also, since sometimes the error prompt to also submit a report can disappear prior to sending we have an extra dedicated feedback button to submit a report with logs whenever you experience crashes with Enscape:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…sing-the-feedback-button/

I'd like to assist you further in this regard of course and since these kind of crashes can have multiple various reasons I would appreciate your cooperation as well in order to find out whats exactly causing this.

• I gave up trying to troubleshoot this error. We got a new computer with an GPU that meets or exceeds Enscape’s hardware requirements and that fixed the issue.

Enscape should consider raising their minimum GPU requirements so the issue goes away.

• Dpho...do you mind sharing computer specs? I think I am going to get a new computer. I may try Twinmotion. This crashing happens with the least amount of detail. Put in one light then bug splat. Almost like they don't expect professionals to use the program.

• Official Post

Hey mikkilake
    I'm sorry Enscape is crashing on your side. I just spoke to my colleague Carl and he's going to reach out to you with further steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    Your graphics card driver, however, is from March this year. Although I understand it's tedious to install a new driver once in a while, an update even in this short of a timeframe can often make a significant difference if key functions have been added or changed - like with your update to 3.5.

So as a first step to analyzing an issue and rule out certain causes, a graphics card driver update can be a big step towards finding a solution - even if it doesn't fix the issue. I hope this makes it a little clearer. I hope you can find a solution quickly!