Enscape assets not appearing in Enscape render

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I had been working on a set of concepts for a bank facade. Over the course of the project, I had populated the model with various vegetation and vehicle assets from the Enscape content library. After finishing the project I had it open as a reference. At some point yesterday, my Enscape live renderings became incapable of seeing any of the assets that populated it other than the single car asset behind the building. Weirder still, these assets became invisible in every project that I've ever used them. Even in new projects, these assets do not appear. I tested previous versions of SketchUp to no avail. I tried to test these assets in Revit and they populated correctly. I restarted my computer, reset my cache, purged and reinstalled Enscape, and checked with the people I work with to see if they were having this problem. Most of these assets are assets that I use weekly if not daily due to the environment in which I work. If anyone can think of what the issue might be, it would be greatly appreciated. If need be, I can attach the original model.

• Official Post

Abication , thanks a lot for your report - Since you've already tried to troubleshoot this yourself without success, the original model would be good to receive indeed so that we can also further look into why you experience this. Alongside, please also kindly send in a Feedback report with log files which may be vital in resolving this. Let me know once you've done so.

Thank you again in advance.

• I have submitted the feedback report with the log files attached and I tried to attach the SKP file to this post but its saying error occurred. SKP is not listed as one of the approved file extension types. What is the best way to get this file out?

• Official Post

I have submitted the feedback report with the log files attached and I tried to attach the SKP file to this post but its saying error occurred. SKP is not listed as one of the approved file extension types. What is the best way to get this file out?

Thanks for your reply and submitting the report.

You can simply put the .skp file into a .zip file and attach it with your next reply - If the file should be bigger than the allowed supported upload size in this Forum, feel free to use something like wetransfer.com instead to share the project. Much appreciated.

• Official Post

I tried to zip the file, but it still had an error in uploading, so as per your request, here is the we transfer link.

https://we.tl/t-yxbie8Ge1e

Thanks a lot - I've received the project and we also got your feedback report as requested. You'll receive a reply from my colleague with a proposed solution that should already do the trick. (via e-mail)

If anything else comes up in the meantime, please let me know too.

• Thanks a lot - I've received the project and we also got your feedback report as requested. You'll receive a reply from my colleague with a proposed solution that should already do the trick. (via e-mail)

If anything else comes up in the meantime, please let me know too.

Hi there, I'm facing the same problem, although, the disappearing assets change each time I open Enscape, I tried all the methods he tried and I can't make them stay visible.

• Official Post

We are having the same problem. So what did you do to get them to show up?

Hi Kevin99 , as his behavior can occur due to multiple reasons please make sure to submit us a feedback report including log files which we can use to troubleshoot this further.

In general whenever you experience any technical problems with Enscape sending in a report is usually what we reccomend doing right away, as this will also transfer your full machine information next to said logs which we can use for analysis.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Thanks! I was able to get it taken care of after finding the following post.

"We got it solved, and my Wednesday presentation is saved! Helen on the support team gave me a great trick to help force-download the library (somehow the assets and materials library didn't get fully downloaded). So we re-downloaded "the assets by deleting the folder %temp%\Enscape\Assets and restarting Enscape? You can also find the folder via this path: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Assets\"