cannot deserialze the current JSON object Enscape Custom Asset

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Whenever I try to add a object to my Custom Asset folder I get this error message, anyone had this issue before? I have the same issue at two different workstations. It doesn't matter what type of asset I try to add. :/ I have even tried two different Revit versions (2022 and 2023). I've tried Enscape 3.4.0 and 3.4.1.

"cannot deserialze the current JSON object (e.g. {"name:"value"}) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Enscape.CustomASsetEditor.Categories.Category]' because the type requires a JSON array."

• Official Post

HomeboY , thanks a lot for your report - I think in this case it would be best to receive a feedback report with your logs submitted from your machine as detailed here: https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Also, I reckon you've also tried to fully re-install Enscape 3.4.1 and still run into this problem?

Thank you in advance, and gladly let me know once the report has been submitted so that I can have a look myself right away.

• I have not reinstalled it completely, however the issue still remains on two different workstations but I could obviously try that.

I have sent a ticket through the feedback button as well.

Another question I have is about the materials to the Custom Asset Import, is there any way to add existing materials to imported assets? This would save a lot of time instead of creating new materials to all imports.

• Did this ever get resolved? I'm using version 3.4 and getting the same error. I have a ticket open with Enscape and waiting for them to reply.

No unfortunately not, I haven't tried it since. I have to copy and paste the assets from the local disk to Dropbox folder every time I leave work. :(