How to lighten dark shadows in model & rendered still shots

• I am having issues with shadows being too dark in my models when working with exterior views. Material is lost in the dark shadows, and sometimes it is impossible to see what is going on in the darker areas when I orbit around the building. I have messed around with artificial lighting in places to help illuminate areas, such as under porch covers or bigger overhangs and I find that it helps, but I don't want to add lighting to eaves when it shouldn't be there. I have also tried adjusting all the sun settings, exposure settings, etc. that are available to see if any of those work, but I find that it doesn't help as much as I would like. And some adjustments mess with the quality of the material representation. I have spent a lot of time searching to see if I can find any tutorials or questions regarding this same issue but have come up empty handed. I do find when I put more in the site it seems to help, but I work in collaboration with someone who would like me to export still shots of the building without site context so that he can add it in photoshop. I find the building alone creates even darker shadows. I am looking for any tips or trick or resources that might help.

Attachments show some examples. Thanks!

• Have you tried increasing the cloud cover? Enscape is visualizing what happens on a clear or mostly clear day – the sunlight is not filtered through the clouds, and the shadows will appear darker in bright sunlight. If you add additional clouds to the sky and move the sun so that it is hidden behind the cloud, your shadows will become less severe, and more balanced.