Custom Assets Size

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi everyone

I have a question about the size of the custom asset that I create

when I create an asset for example a sofa, it has a considerable size compared with enscape asset

for example, the largest enscape asset is 1.46 Mb while a custom asset witch I created is 86 Mb

is there any way to reduce custom asset size?

• Best Answer

There could be two reasons for your asset being that large:

- you loaded in large texture maps

- the asset geometry has too many polygons (typically, 20.000 is the recommended max)

• There could be two reasons for your asset being that large:

- you loaded in large texture maps

- the asset geometry has too many polygons (typically, 20.000 is the recommended max)

it's not about texture size

when I export fbx from a model, it has 27 Mb size but the file that enscape creates after saving asset has 85 Mb size (the file format with .Bin Suffix )

why is it happening?

• File size depends on the file format. Enscape uses .gltf which sacrifices file size for loading and rendering speed (this is a great oversimplification).

That the file size is larger does not mean that the model is automatically more or less detailed or 'heavier' to load, all it means is that it takes more room on your file storage.