Turntable camera path!!

• :) Happy, happy, joy, joy.

After some reverse engineering and looking up some old math formula's on Google I was able to get a perfect circular camera path. Please see below the proof of concept. I have attached the spreadsheet so you can define your own circle diameters and height etc. Change the values in the yellow cells and copy/paste the XLM code in a camera path file

• annevanzwol I tried saving a camerapath from enscape, -then paste the yellow part into the file , save and load. Nothing happened. Could not load the new camera path. Only the old path appeared in enscape. I tried both keeping the old text adding the new and also switching the old part with the new. Am I missing something?

Trying to make a turntable with this bike I made in SketchUp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aelnf91u3bs4tf/JX-T04B.skp?dl=0

• The desired result. A series of PNG files for a webbased product spin.

Really struggled with the lookat Z value. If this is >1 it will crash Enscape/Sketchup. If I scale the XYZ (lookat) values with the circle radius (at height=0) then I am able to get a centered image from other angles as well. I have uploaded a new version in the original post.

• Nice work, and THANKS for sharing your efforts.

To build on this, it would be great if we could convert a camera path from another animation package to Enscape's the animation path format. Ideally we could convert an export format such as an alembic camera path to the correct xml structure that Enscape uses.

I believe that your work has proven that extracting a camera position every X seconds and converting to the correct xml format for Enscape would be a workable solution. If any coders out there want to give this a shot, I would be happy to pay for a script like this ;-)

• how can i create a full circle camera focusing my feature unit in enscape revit?

please help me i just practicing enscape revit for 2weeks and i hardly enough to get the perfect camera path viewing my feature unit in enscape...;(;(;(

• how can i create a full circle camera focusing my feature unit in enscape revit?

please help me i just practicing enscape revit for 2weeks and i hardly enough to get the perfect camera path viewing my feature unit in enscape...;(;(;(

Sorry. I don't use revit so I cannot tell you. But I wouldn't be surprised if you can use my spreadsheet as well. Its just generating the correct camera positions for the camera path XML file. So if you import the XML maybe it works.

Anyway I think that setting camera paths should be easier and more precise. Directly from within Sketchup/Revit. Just like with adding and moving lights. In a different thread I have requested that feature

• I think you should try to clear program cache and try it again! When I was in similar case, it worked for me.

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want ;)