Enscape for MAC failing to import to skeptchup

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Bonjour,

I've downloaded the Enscape for mac free trial version last week. But it doesn't want to appear in the plug in

When I try to install the plug in manually I have an error message saying that it can't import a file .app

I have a mac OS monterey V12.5

It is suppose to work but I probably don't do it right.

Could someone help me?

Many thanks

Abee

• Rick Marx

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

Thanks for your post.

Right away, can you please let me know which version of SketchUp you are using? Since just so you are aware, Enscape for Mac supports SketchUp 2021 and SketchUp 2022 only. Last but not least, make sure that your system generally meets our requirements which are detailed here.

• Hello audreybee,

thank you for the message and description of the issue.

Our plugin has to be installed like a normal application on the Mac. Attempts to install it directly via the extension manager will lead to the message you described (cannot handle .app files)

For the moment I assume that you are using the correct OS version (12.2.1. and up) and SketchUp Pro version (2021 and 2022).

Please follow these steps for the installation:

1) Download our client installer (https://enscape-installer.chao…cape-Mac-1.1.19%2B921.pkg)

2) Close SketchUp

3) double click our installer to execute it and follow the steps of the installation. Normally, no adjustments are necessary.

4) After the installation do not click the Enscape icon in the dock since it will not start Enscape directly. Enscape is a plugin and not a standalone application and therefore will not run on it's own.

5) open SketchUp

6) normally you should be greeted by our "How to get started" screen which you can click away after reading

7) the Enscape toolbar will be floating since it cannot be incorporated into the main tool bar at the moment.

Should you see neither the "How to get started" screen nor our toolbar please open the extension manager in SketchUp and activate Enscape there and restart SketchUp. Should you not be able to enable Enscape there please click the cog wheel in the top right of the extension manager to access the "load policy", set it to "Unregistered" and then apply the settings. Now you should be able to enable Enscape there and use it.

In case Enscape is not present in the extension manager now please send us precise information about your OS version and SketchUp version to support@enscape3d.com including a screenshot of the "About this Mac" window you can access under the Apple Menu in the top left of your screen.

Thank you in advance and do not hesitate to contact us directly through the above mentioned email address.