vray compatibility is exciting but can we have a decent video editor?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • It's exciting to see the coordination between the 2 products progressing. I am very discouraged that the video editor has stalled for over a year in its current half-baked state. There's still the 2nd to last keyframe issue, the GUI lacks the ability to slide keyframes and everything is still click-through. Issues long since discussed. Enscape Video Editor Complaints

When are we getting updates to this video editor? I'm still having to manually edit the xml file to be able to work around the duration shift when the timestamp of the 2nd to last keyframe is adjusted.

• Good day! Any news of progress on the video editor? I see there's a lot of excitement building around V-Ray integration. I've been out of the V-Ray loop for a while so I have a question: is there an effort to pull folks in to using Enscape from the V-Ray side? Will they be as disappointed with limits of the video editor as we are? It doesn't look good that such a core feature has unfinished controls.

• andybot I would put money on Enscape merging into Chaos (and then dissolving) well before they fix the video editor. It has been over a year (3/3/2021) since they switched it up and nothing has changed or even mentioned being worked on since then.

• Since I was thinking about it today, I tried the latest preview release (3.5 preview 7) Video editor hasn't changed (still messing up the timestamp and duration whenever the 2nd to last keyframe is adjusted.)

What exactly is new in Enscape? Seems like we haven't had any major feature updates or releases in a while.

• Ah, geez. So the focus is on vray compatibility, meanwhile we either use the half-finished Enscape video editor or even worse try to do video with vray directly in Sketchup. Thanks, I hate it. I guess my thread will be pointless for likely another year at least.

One such topic is, for example, the video editor, which we want to fundamentally rework technically in order to lay a robust foundation for the future and to be able to properly implement your feature request.

• ah well. I gave D5 a quick spin but quickly found serious limitations as soon as I tried interior renderings. I guess if anything I'll be glad to eventually have V-Ray rendering back in the toolkit, as it achieves a level of lighting quality I have yet to encounter in any other biased rendering software. At the moment, for me, the speed/quality value proposition of Enscape remains undefeated.

fix the video editor.

• andybot I agree with you fully on the speed for quality aspect of Enscape, which is a huge plus. But the development of Enscape is stagnant.

I'd be willing to bet some big firm that primarily uses MAC told them they'd buy X amount of licenses and that's whats caused this huge shift in focus to MAC recently. Same thing happened that caused the half baked site analysis feature (which mind you hasn't been touched since it was implemented) to be added over truly impactful features.

It's a shame, but a lesson to future devs to keep suits out of the boardroom.

• Official Post

Lol, so not a feature request any more, eh? (moved to "off-topic") I hear you loud and clear.

As we elaborated, in this case, the video editor will unfortunately not be overhauled soon, and since the topic of this thread clearly shifted I moved it into the general Enscape discussion sub-forum. The discussion itself is not the problem.

andybot I agree with you fully on the speed for quality aspect of Enscape, which is a huge plus. But the development of Enscape is stagnant.

I'd be willing to bet some big firm that primarily uses MAC told them they'd buy X amount of licenses and that's whats caused this huge shift in focus to MAC recently. Same thing happened that caused the half baked site analysis feature (which mind you hasn't been touched since it was implemented) to be added over truly impactful features.

It's a shame, but a lesson to future devs to keep suits out of the boardroom.

Mac support for Enscape has always been a much-demanded topic throughout the past years - We did not start development until recently of course, but it did not boil down to a single firm using Enscape for Mac, that much I can tell. I'm also aware that Mac support will not be helpful to many users, but it's still something we want to flesh out now.

I know this won't really be a satisfying response, but I still wanted to add that.