Changing Asset Categories to Create Furniture Schedules

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone uses a similar procedure described below for furniture scheduling using Enscape assets or custom assets. This is from an interior design perspective. My goal here is to streamline the process of adding Enscape assets and then schedule them in Revit.

1. After placing an Enscape asset in Revit, custom or not, open the asset family and change the category to furniture.

2. Inside the asset family, add some model lines in the top view tracing out the shape of the furniture. Hide the 3d geometry in plan/RCP, front/back, left/right.

3. Fill in the identity data information such as manufacture, part number, price, etc.

4. Reinsert the family back into Revit.

5. Add a type mark number to the family.

You can now schedule and tag all furniture and you will have a floor plan showing the placement of all furniture. Yes, you will not see anything in side views unless you add model lines to these views.

This saves time as you don't have to create a 3d model placeholder and you don't have a bunch of facet faces in plan view. I tested it out and it worked I can still see the 3D asset in Enscape and I don't see the model lines.

What are your thoughts.

• Faster / easier to associate the Enscape asset to the appropriate Revit Family and Type. Enscape asset looks great in Enscape. Revit family controls graphics, scheduling, etc.

Be sure to set Revit family orientation and origin to match Enscape asset.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/merry-critmas-phil-read/

• That is correct, but if there is no revit family that matches the enscape asset then you have to create a new low fi model. If not the top view or side elevations will not match the design.

Plus I found the orientation of the revit family does not match the enscape orientation which means you have to rotate the family which could blow way parameters disabling the flexing capabilities.

Interior designers are placing furniture on a regular basis, thus the need for a faster process.

• After changing the category to furniture, the revit family now is separate from the original planting family. I don't think it will modify when new updates are released.

I can see two different types in project browser under families after adding the original enscape asset. One under the furniture category and the other under planting.