Billboard Render

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hey sarahimsworth , the maximum possible output resolution of our renderings is 8192x8192 pixels. You can head into the Enscape Settings -> Capture tab -> Set Resolution to Custom and type in the values.

You may also want to consider stitching a few renderings together with something like PhotoShop if the billboard is gonna be 8m wide or tall, as this would improve the general resolution compared to only using one rendering for the 8x3m billboard. :)

• You may also want to consider stitching a few renderings together with something like PhotoShop if the billboard is gonna be 8m wide or tall, as this would improve the general resolution compared to only using one rendering for the 8x3m billboard.

Hi Demian Gutberlet - it's not so easy to render a views sliced, a special functionality of the 3D software is needed. At Rhino I don't know a way. I suppose so an Enscape slice function could be one of the easy programming task and a nice addition. ;)

• Official Post

Paul Russam , thanks for the information. For a billboard with that size there should indeed be no need to use an extremely high resolution rendering.

Micha , I was able to achieve some decent results stitching renderings together if the "Auto Exposure" is turned off and the "Field of View" adjusted, which might be a bit tricky and its not a perfect solution, but could be used as a workaround in some scenarios in which a user necessarily requires a very wide or tall high resolution image.

In this case, thank you for proposing a dedicated feature request but, if you were to export a rendering, and you want to slice it into three parts, for example, couldn't you easily do that via an image editor afterward? :) If you could briefly further detail the functionality you'd like to see implemented a bit more I'll happily file it as a request. Thanks!

• Demian Gutberlet If I would need to render four quadrants of a rendering, than for example I can't set Rhino to render the part of the first quadrant. I don't know a way to manual adjust the view to do it.

General the function is called "render blowup". Blowup meant the camera zooms into the selected region and renders it at the full settings.

It could be nice, if the user could switch the render output to "blowup" mode and set there for example 12.000x8.000 and split count 4 (per drop down menu 2/4/6/8). Than Enscape calculates the 4 region with an additional blend area at the needed sides (maybe additional 5%).

But, like I know the Enscape team ;) , there could be an easier functionality implement - the user set a render output bigger than the allowed limit. A message popup and say: "blowup mode enabled" and than anything is automatic done. Finally the 12.000x8.000 is saved to the disk. (The panorama rendering of Enscape is going this way already or?)

• Official Post

Thanks for the detailed description Micha . :)

Pardon if I've missed anything but, would you effectively not like to just have the ability to increase the resolution to over 8k x 8k? :) Should that be the case, then I'll gladly upvote the corresponding story on our agenda which would allow exactly that.

Let me know what you think.

• Right @Demian Gutberlet , we talk about very high res images above 8k x 8k only. :)

An additional thought - the current limit is 8kx8k, but is it technical not the same, if I would set the output to 10k x 6,4k? The pixel count would be the same. Should the current limit not be calculated by the total pixel count?

For example I render train designs often and from time to times my clients like to get side views of the whole train and so for example I use an output of 15.000x1.000. I couldn't render it per Enscape, but would the memory usage higher than at 8kx8k?

Edit: one more thought - I would like to enable the "bucket render mode" of Enscape panoramas also for renderings below 8k, if a lot of my graphic memory is used in the background.

And one question - could the material id be rendered for pano too? I miss to post work on panos too like at simple view renderings.

• Official Post

Micha , our renderings are generally optimized for a resolution ranging up to 8k x 8k. There are technical limits which don't allow for 15.000x1.000 renderings (to get back to your example), as we've implemented internal optimisations which could not be applied for such a stretched out image.

Further, may I ask, why would you like this "bucked render mode" to be used for renderings under 8k x 8k as well? :) Lastly, regarding Material/Depth-ID for panoramas, through your voice I've already filed a feature request at the end of May 2018. Your wish has not been forgotten. ;)

• Further, may I ask, why would you like this "bucked render mode" to be used for renderings under 8k x 8k as well?

Last I had a lot of heavy tasks open - some rhino models , photoshop ... and GPU-Z shows me that 6GB memory was used and during taking a Enscape rendering the usage was short below 11GB. So, I thought, lowering the memory usage by "bucket mode" could be a solution too.

(I know, I could close the other tasks, but often I'm working on different projects at the same time and closing/reopen needs so time.)

• Official Post

Micha , I'm afraid, even if the "bucket mode" would be used for rendering images, there would be no decrease in V-RAM workload. ;)

• Official Post

Micha , pardon, that is correct. I meant V-RAM workload. :)