New laptop - toolbars keeps getting reset

• Hi

Not really Enscape specific, but my toolbars keep being reset when i reopen Sketchup.

I setup the toolbars as I like them, but when I open Sketchup again, only some of the toolbars are placed shown, and Enscape toolbare are not shown :-(

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Jorgensen

• I'm 99% certain that is because you didn't install SketchUP using 'Open as Administrator'

You need to right-click on the SketchUp Installer exe and select 'Open as Administrator'. The installation will be perfectly normal but the the permissions given to SketchUP will enable it to save its settings.

I don't know if you can just run the installer again and select repair or if you need to uninstall SU and then reinstall it but I'd certainly try the 1st option before the 2nd.

2017 was less sensitive to this but some combination of 2018 and whatever is the current version of Windows 10 causes this problem.

• Hey Jorgensen this problem at hand may occur if SketchUp has not been installed with administrative rights. This is needed to tell the installer you grant permission to make changes to the registry, like which toolbars to open with every startup.

In this case, since SketchUp is already installed on your machine, just re-download or head to your SketchUp installer -> *right click* -> click "Run as administrator" -> select "Repair" when prompted -> let the installation repair and please try to reproduce this behaviour afterwards. :)

Thank you in advance, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

• In this case, since SketchUp is already installed on your machine, just re-download or head to your SketchUp installer -> *right click* -> click "Run as administrator" -> select "Repair" when prompted -> let the installation repair and please try to reproduce this behaviour afterwards.

Thank you in advance, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks - i will try to do an repair.

Jorgensen

• ... maybe you can test this "small" option before (if not already tried of course)

Arrange all toolbars as desired, then save this so opened and arranged file once. now close this file and reopen SkUp again - are the toolbars there now?

• Hi EGIE

I have a deadline today, so I need to wait a bit to test - but I think I tried it yesterday, with no help.

I might need to do a compleate reinstall, as administrator - even though my account is an administrator account.

One thing that could cause this issue might be, that our user data is stored local, and then synchronized to our server via Sync Center. Not sure if that can cause problems - I was told that's how we do it then it's a laptop.

Jorgensen