An option for Camera setting to be saved per each scene

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • An option for Camera setting to be saved per each scene is needed.

When you create a lot of scenes, it's inevitable to change field of view / depth of field / focal point. All these are tied to a preset. You have to create so many presets and link a scene to a new preset only for the camera length.

• Yes, I agree. It is annoying to change the output resolution or other settings for so many presets. Also the depth of field setting lacks fine tuning such as sharp area size or foreground/background blur only. It is very hard to achieve desired effect with only one slider :D

• +1! Very important and logical improvement.

I also think the projection mode (perspective/orthographic/two point) should be part of the view, not the preset.

• It would be amazing if there were more baked-in skyboxes that we could use, and if we could change their elevation and zoom them in or out. The skyboxes in views occasionally look OK, but in other cases, it would be much better if we could just raise or lower them. Every time my superiors ask me where the skyboxes are and how it doesn't match the website we're using, I have to explain that they are only there for scale and context rather than using a lifeless white nothingness. Perhaps there is a way to have the skybox match the project's location and link to a street view on Google Earth or Maps from that place?

• Official Post

Any comments from Enscape? This preset and view set up is illogical, and it wastes so much time.

so true

I know this isn't the most satisfying response given the age of this thread too, but I still have to kindly ask you to forward this as a request via our roadmap portal through your voice - Only then PM will be able to properly see and track the further demand for this. I appreciate it, thank you in advance.

• What they need to do instead, is move the settings of "Rendering Style", "Camera Projection Mode", "Field of View", "Depth of Field" and "Skybox Rotation" to the same Camera Scene Properties, where you can adjust camera XYZ and Sun position. Those 5 properties have nothing to do in the general menus. They are very specific things that should be connected to Scenes, not presets.

We batch render 90-120 pictures at once (furniture industry), half of my camera scenes are in parallel projection mode, the other half in perspective, some of my shots have DOF, others are sharp etc and it's a real pain in the back to achieve a fast workflow. I still have to divide the work. But still, I love Enscape.

• yes exactly, this is the way most users would benefit from batch rendering, and not having 100+ styles. it is real pain to change final render resolution then :D

i suggest adding checkbox option to override cloud / sky settings, exposure and highlights / shadows - to fine tune every view.

• What they need to do instead, is move the settings of "Rendering Style", "Camera Projection Mode", "Field of View", "Depth of Field" and "Skybox Rotation" to the same Camera Scene Properties, where you can adjust camera XYZ and Sun position. Those 5 properties have nothing to do in the general menus. They are very specific things that should be connected to Scenes, not presets.

As far as I'm concerned, exposure should also be per camera/per view. Or at least be able to override it per scene.