Cannot hide/ unhide objects Enscape with Revit

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I am using Revit 2022.1 with Enscape 3.5 preview 6 and when i hide/ unhide objects in revit, the enscape scene does not update. Super annoying and now, making a new scene with the hidden assets is NOT the solution. I spend time setting up the scene visual and do not want to do that every time I hide or unhide an object. I have worked with Enscape on and off for the last 4 years or so and do not remember this doing this previously. I saw on other posts that this has occurred in Sketchup but I did not find any posts where it was occurring with Revit. Any thoughts? Thank you!

• Make sure the view active view driving Enscape is the view you're hiding / unhiding objects in Revit. Switching between active views will also refresh the scene in Enscape.

You're also using an unsupported preview build. "In addition to the stable releases, we offer preview releases. Those builds might be unstable but contain new features and fixes. You can find them here."

If you're getting unexpected behavior in a preview build roll back to 3.4.

• Make sure the view active view driving Enscape is the view you're hiding / unhiding objects in Revit. Switching between active views will also refresh the scene in Enscape.

Hello Phil,

The scenes are identical so it is an issue with Enscape in this build. This is a preview build so maybe I will try another version but for now, I cut and past the objects of concern between the scenes. It is just a pain.

Thank you,

• I also noticed this issue with Revit 2022-Enscape 3.4.. But my scenes get updated when I pause/un-pause Enscape Live Updates. Not sure if it will work for you or not!

I noticed it happens often when the Enscape Live window is running in the background for a long time. So, I always try to pause Enscape live whenever I'm working in Revit.

• Just an FYI but this is still an issue while using the latest preview I just downloaded for 3.5. The only way to fix is to generate a new view which is a PITA. In fact, I noticed that if I close revit, then start and open the scene again in enscape where I hid the object in that scene previously, the scene still does not show it updated. It is like it saved the "moment" I created the scene. But if I add assets to this scene, it updates in real time.

• Also the system requirements increase from 2gb ram minimum to 4gb ram. Possible that your GPU doesn't have sufficient resources resulting in apparent frozen scene?

Let’s make sure you’re using the latest graphic driver. Windows will often display your graphics card driver as being up to date, even when this is not the case. Don’t upgrade your graphics card driver via the Windows Device Manager. Please download the driver directly from the AMD or Nvidia site. This article will help you determine which drivers we recommend.

https://enscape3d.com/knowledg…ommended-graphic-drivers/

Next, go to the Enscape tab in Revit, and under the General Settings>Rendering, disable all the Hardware Features:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…rformance-considerations/

Please let me know if this helps.

• Appreciate your efforts to help Phil but in this case, I can tell you I built this workstation with a 2080 ti RTX and 64 gigs of ram to be able to handle scenes like I have been building. I also use it with Unity and Unreal in larger landcapes without issue. Things worked fine in 3.4 Enscape but you do bring up a valid point. I have some meters that run in the background to let me know various readings on the computer such a vram used, ram used, heat, processor use, etc and none of these have been impact that much. I will get some serious spikes when using Unreal and Unity though.

I should try this on another scene to see if there is something occurring here that could be somehow related to some cache type thing being full or whatever.

• Thanks for your patience Arcitek - it must be very frustrating. Please continue to update the forum. If you'd like me to test 3.5 w your project in confidence please send a download link. phil@readthomas.com.

• Official Post

Appreciate your efforts to help Phil but in this case, I can tell you I built this workstation with a 2080 ti RTX and 64 gigs of ram to be able to handle scenes like I have been building. I also use it with Unity and Unreal in larger landcapes without issue. Things worked fine in 3.4 Enscape but you do bring up a valid point. I have some meters that run in the background to let me know various readings on the computer such a vram used, ram used, heat, processor use, etc and none of these have been impact that much. I will get some serious spikes when using Unreal and Unity though.

I should try this on another scene to see if there is something occurring here that could be somehow related to some cache type thing being full or whatever.

At this point it would be really great if you could also share the project with me and Phil if you like, and definitely also please be so kind as to send in a feedback report including your log files (<- click to get to the knowledgebase article) - Perchance these may already give us further hints as to why you experience this odd behavior.

Let me know once you've sent it in. You can also use something like "wetransfer.com" if you are able to send over the scene, and if it's confidential via a DM.