As others have said on multiple threads; the ability to add/upload user created content to an asset library would be really good (as long as it's curated).
Some other things I think would improve the new Asset library;
· It would be great to have the ability to re-name and/or re-categorise (/sub categorise) models so that eg you could group trees, bushes, flowers, etc. in their own sub-sections. (Or standing/sitting/active | man/woman/child/pet) I'm sure it has also been mentioned elsewhere, but a geo-location filter would be nice, both for vegetation and ethnicity distribution of the people assets.
· I really like the fact that the people and tree assets are blocked-out versions of the actual content; I hope the “Bushes” and “Flowers” get the same treatment… similarly that the shadow-man gets added to each thumbnail for an idea of scale.
· Personally I don't like the asset remaining attached to the mouse after placing the initial instance; I can use the native tools to copy or array the asset. Perhaps some sort of hot-key can be used with a click to "drop a copy" instead?
· If the asset remains attached to the mouse then I think that there should be a reason for it that cannot be simply reproduced by native tools (for example a random rotation of the next item placed or holding a hot key/the mouse button down while placing the asset would allow a ‘free rotation’ tool of the asset being placed.)
· To make it easier to apply variation for seasons or to better blend an asset with the colour scheme of the model it would be good to use the colour that
the Asset is filled with in the native model to influence the
asset within Enscape. (If it took
the HSL values it would allow for fancy things like de-saturating the content.)
· I think it would be useful to automatically apply a default level of transparency (30%?) for all new assets dropped into the native application so that you can see what they are sitting on and any overlap.
· I would like to be able to swap all instances of one asset for another one. (And/or use the “Reload…” to replace existing components with Enscape assets.)
It would be handy if
you could select one instance of an asset and ‘break’ it so that the full
geometry was loaded into the model - this would let it’s shape be edited to suit it's position within the model. Alternatively if there was a way to 'deform' an asset around other geometry it would make them really useful. (Primarily to stop plants/trees growing through walls/fences/windows, but if it was really clever it could change a standing person to a sitting one.)
· I would like to be able to edit the bump, colour, transparency, (etc) of fills within an asset after it’s been placed in the model – perhaps this could tie-in with the previous idea of a pipette from the Enscape window selecting/updating into the materials editor so that they can be changed?
· It would be really nice if each asset has an array of X variations and it randomly used them. (For people it would be clothes and/or colours, for vegetation it would be slightly different orientation and leaf layout.)
· The dialogue does a good job of remembering where it is and it’s size, however it only remembers within that session: it would be nice to remember your preferred position/size each time you open a new model. (It would also be nice if it remembered your filter and selection from when it closed last).
· Similar to the other Enscape dialogues; it would also be cool if it could roll up to a title bar so that it could be on-screen but not taking up so much screen real-estate. It could also be handy to shrink the dialogue to a simple 1x1 grid minimum (rather than 3x4) for quick dragging of a single asset. And a way to ‘dock/un-dock’ the search bar would be nice.