Best Revit+Enscape Laptop 2022

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi! I am an architect and work thoroughly with revit + enscape. I’m looking to buy myself a new laptop (personal), that I can use while working from home. Most of the time I will connect remotely to my desktop at the office - but I want the option to run enscape / revit on my personal laptop if needed. I am pretty confused with what the right laptop is for me and haven’t seen a recent thread for 2022 models. I’d appreciate any help / recommendations on laptop options between $1000-$1500. Thanks in advance! :)

• I don't think there's a laptop that will run Enscape well at that price point.

You're investing in your tools. Should you buy cheap tools that will quickly need to be replaced? You don't need to spend a premium and buy the very best - but you should buy good tools that will return the investment. IMO you're better to spend 3k for a good laptop that will last 4-5 years than spend 1.5k every other year and cost more over the same timeframe.

Check out BestBuy. Razer laptops. Open box. 3080RTX is a great graphic card. Save $1400.

• Official Post

Welcome to our Forum Schragen08 !

Thanks as well for your inquiry - I pretty much agree with Phil above, especially if you plan on using VR in the future and/or larger more complex scenes. For the latter especially it's ideal to have as much VRAM (video card memory) available as possible (the RTX 3080 for example has 12GB).

I'd reckon you may find an even better deal than what Phil shared above price wise (as Razer laptops tend to be on the expensive side), but you usually get what you pay for, more cheap models also using cheaper materials.

Still, if VR is not a requirement for you at the moment and you'd mostly work with smaller scenes and/or are okay with lowering the Rendering Quality here or there, then a laptop with a 3070 or 3070 Ti would also suffice for example, if budget is tight especially. May I ask where you are located?

• Hi both - thank you for your help! I do understand it’s best to invest in sustainable tools. I am originally from the US and am visiting now (which is where I’d like to purchase the laptop), but have relocated to Tel Aviv, Israel, which is where I’ll be working with the computer. VR is not needed - this laptop will for the majority be used as a portal to remotely connect to my desktop at my office, which is very strong and can use VR/Enscape/Revit with a custom built very strong graphics card. The computer I am inquiring about purchasing is for personal use at home and while working from home, however I would like the option to run revit + enscape if needed from time to time. Therefore I wasn’t looking to overdo it with the strongest graphics card out there, just something that will get me by when needed. Thanks for your time!

• Official Post

++ I have been researching acording to graphics card requirements listed on enscapes website and found this on Amazon - do you have any insight as to if it could be a good option?

Asus Zenbook

Thanks for your quick reply as well!

This is a decent laptop for Enscape, I cannot see the price though, how much is it for you?

Also, please be aware that while this is as said a decent laptop to be used with our product, you may run into limits depending on to scene size. 16GB of VRAM is the minimum we reccomend these days and especially the amount of VRAM which is only 4GB. I have to say that if possible I'd rather reccomend going at least with 8GB or of VRAM which would be RTX 3060 / 3060 Ti / 3070.

• That laptop only meets the Enscape minimum spec for GPU. This is a useful site to benchmark graphic cards. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

++ I have been researching acording to graphics card requirements listed on enscapes website and found this on Amazon - do you have any insight as to if it could be a good option?

Asus Zenbook

• Ok! Understood. That one was going for about $900.

But I found this one which I think better meets the requirements you listed above -ASUS - TUF Dash 15.6" FHD 144Hz Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB DDR5 Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 512GB PCIe SSD - Off Black” from Best Buy - link to laptop

I’d appreciate your thoughts! It costs $1000

• I've found the lenovo legion i7's to run revit+enscape perfectly fine. Make sure you upgrade to at least 32gb RAM though. Mine was below $2000 but above $1500.

You can also look for AMD offerings by Eluktronics, a small laptop manufacturer in the US. I find they tend to be a cheaper, more general laptop manufacturer than some of the name brands like Razer, but still just as good (even if the styling isn't as premium). AMD tends to be cheaper overall - but I would still stick with an nvidia graphics card to take advantage of RTX.

A 3060 runs Enscape just fine (my laptop) but you'll want beefier if you're doing VR at all or presenting in 4K (doesn't sound like you are) though). However for my use case, which is just explorting still renders/panos, I've not needed more than the 3060 in power. It runs Ultra settings with RTX perfectly fine at the windowed resolution I run enscape at (somewhere just shy of 1080p).

• Hi all,

I am getting very mixed advice, Is it much better to have a quadro card to run enscape? I use very large sketchup models with alot of interior detail and on every project I create video walkthroughs. Can anyone recommend the best laptop on the market now that will meet my needs?

• NO NO NO. You do not want to pay the extra money for a Quadro card. Get laptop w NVIDIA consumer gaming card with at least 8gb of ram. 4080 RTX is a great minimum. Here's a good benchmarking site for graphic cards: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

Take the money you save by not buying Quadro, and invest it in NVIDIA stock. https://stocks.apple.com/symbol/NVDA

• Hi all,

I am getting very mixed advice, Is it much better to have a quadro card to run enscape? I use very large sketchup models with alot of interior detail and on every project I create video walkthroughs. Can anyone recommend the best laptop on the market now that will meet my needs?

As Phil mentioned, there is no benefit to the Quadro (or whatever they are calling it) models for Enscape use. Currently I'd look at the Lenovo Legion Pro 7i, configure it with a 4090. (the 4090 has 16GB VRAM vs 12GB on the 4080. VRAM is one of the limiting factors w/ Enscape, so it is worth getting the top-end unless you need to hit a lower budget.) Price + performance beats pretty much anything else out there, with more subdued gamer-y design choices compared to some other brands.

Legion Pro 7i Gen 8 Intel (16") with up to RTX 4090 | Lenovo US

Lenovo 16" Legion Pro 7i 16IRX8H Gaming Laptop 82WQ002TUS B&H (bhphotovideo.com)