Best practices for Blender models on Revit and Enscape rendering.

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi guys,

Could someone give me some guidance on this topic? For example best formats for creating custom assets on Enscape using Blender, how to bring the textures, hair/fur, tutorials, etc.

Is the only way to bring/assign textures for custom assets on Enscape is using the custom asset editor (or would be possible to import the final model without any extra changes)?

I'm aware of this topic: Tutorial: how to create custom Enscape assets and it doesn't help much because I want to create models from scratch and also the system has changed since we have this custom asset editor.

I'm asking that because one of the things I want to create and use on Revit/Enscape is Hay Bales for farm renderings. Do you think something like that is achievable on Enscape?

Thanks!

• The tutorial you linked to is really outdated. The most up to date version you can find here: https://blog.enscape3d.com/con…08ee989607ec0d67392abacbe

In it, I cover the process of preparing an asset in Blender to be imported in Enscape.

how to bring the textures, hair/fur, tutorials, etc.

In the video I touch on the material system. Enscape does not support fur (nor do the formats that you can import in the enscape asset editor really). You would need to create the illusion of hay bails through textures, which is probably fairly doable as long as you don't get too close.

Is the only way to bring/assign textures for custom assets on Enscape is using the custom asset editor (or would be possible to import the final model without any extra changes)

You will always need to go through the Enscape asset editor, but in theory you could set up your model perfectly in blender (including materials) so that you don't need to do any work in the asset editor other then filling in the name, clicking render (to create the thumbnail) and hitting save. Do keep in mind that not every type of material that you can create in Blender will be supported in Enscape.