Mirror Error Sketchup

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi I'm having a problem whit an interior scene, the mirror ''cuts'' the objects on the scene, I'm gonna attached some print scream so you guys can see it,

a need to fix this bug, I'm trying to change and made it blurry, but still looks weird, thank you for your help and time!

• Official Post

jadiel , thank you for your post and welcome to our forum. :)

Generally, only elements which are visible on screen can be rendered in full detail (with accurate lighting and textures) in reflections. This technique is called screenspace reflections.

If however certain elements are occluded on screen, or behind the camera, Enscape uses a simplified version of the scene as fallback to be able to still display a perspectively correct reflections. Our algorithm prefers to select those objects that have the most impact on lighting in the scene, so sometimes certain elements (especially highly detailed, small objects) might not be visible in this simplified version of the scene. The simplified scene reflections also lack textures, but use the texture's average color instead to give a rough approximation of the material.

Thanks for your understanding.

• is this case will be solved in the next version? I do have the same problem.

Can you explain about the screenspace reflection technic?

• Official Post

Ranindita , I'm afraid this is not something which can easily be "resolved", as this behavior is vital for providing real-time reflections which are not extremely performance intensive. :) We'll still of course improve reflections even further as time progresses and hardware becomes better and better.

Screen Space Reflection is a technique for reusing screen space data to calculate reflections. It's basically a ray-tracing technique but does not work on polygon mesh data, but on the depth, normal and color values that has already been calculated on screen.