DLSS 3 RTX 4090 vs 3090

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello

I was wondering if there is an increase benefit from using a RTX 3090 vs RTX 4090 when using Enscape with Revit.

Both have 24 gb of ram but one has DLSS 2.0 and the other DLSS3.0

I have both and have done some testing.

Both cards export the same 4K movie at 4 min and 10 seconds for a 1 minute video.

The export to picture has a slight advantage, 4 seconds (4090) compare to 6 seconds (3090) total time.

I wonder if the RTX 4090 is worth buying considering the RTX 3090 has dropped to $999.00 which is almost half the cost of a 4090.

Has anyone else experience similar results?

Does Enscape 3.4 version tap into DLSS 3.0 technology?

• Official Post

iteachrevit , thanks for your post and inquiry.

As of now DLSS 3.0 is not utilized currently but may be in the future (especially once the RTX 4xxx lineup is more common) - Still, DLSS 3.0 would not have any effect on the rendering times of either videos or renderings though. It may help with smoothing out the real-time navigation but honestly, the 4080 or 4090 is capable enough to deliver decent framerates anyway in Enscape even without.

Maybe someone else can chime in owning a 4xxx card, but the 4090 would also be very well suited for VR purposes if that is ever a concern for you.