Possibility to still use Rhino when Enscape Material Edit is Open ?

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

It's in the title :)

Welcome to our Forum.

This limit is currently set in place to due to technical limitations I'm afraid. You can still gladly forward your inquiry to product management too but I don't think this is something we'll be able to add soon.

• Welcome to our Forum.

This limit is currently set in place to due to technical limitations I'm afraid. You can still gladly forward your inquiry to product management too but I don't think this is something we'll be able to add soon.

Thanks for reply. Technical limitation as in the developers don't know how to do it?

It seems there are much more limitation with rhino, for example No ies lights, neons are limited to a few meters, etc, how come endscape seems to be lagging behind so much with rhino? I've been using Twinmotion a lot, and even know I do understand the software architecture is not the same, how can those problems be addressed in the future? Is there a road map?

• Official Post

Thanks for reply. Technical limitation as in the developers don't know how to do it?

It seems there are much more limitation with rhino, for example No ies lights, neons are limited to a few meters, etc, how come endscape seems to be lagging behind so much with rhino? I've been using Twinmotion a lot, and even know I do understand the software architecture is not the same, how can those problems be addressed in the future? Is there a road map?

Not all of these items you've listed may be due to technical limitations, but some have simply not been added yet. When it comes to the limits in lighting lengths though then I can at least add that this is generally a typical limitation in real-time rendering engines (like Enscape). Some may handle this differently to how we do it though, but with traditional lighting methods you'll usually run into limits sooner or later.

The Enscape roadmap, to which you can also add your own ideas (which are visible to us internally) can be found here:

https://portal.productboard.co…al/tabs/18-in-development

Basically whenever you have any requests feel free to add them via this portal of course too.