Renderings show Structure from adjacent buildings in rendering

• The team is having issues with Enscape. As you can see from the attached images, two neighboring buildings with glass as their primary skin are not reflecting properly. The taller building is showing the floor plates and other awkward interior spaces of the shorter glass building.

It is causing us additional work to photoshop the images when presenting as the ‘floating floor plates’ are distracting during design reviews. This has been going on since we started using Enscape. It happens from a street level. Same view looking down does not exhibit this behavior.

The file "capture" is correct as it renderings with Native Revit rendering. The image "Enascape Issue", shows the odd reflection in the building to the left.

• Hey geistwolke , please allow me to forward a detailed description also regarding this from another recent post:

Generally, only elements which are visible on screen can be rendered in full detail in reflections. This technique is called screenspace reflections.

If however certain elements are occluded on screen, or behind the camera, Enscape uses a simplified version of the scene as fallback to be able to still display a perspectively correct reflections. Our algorithm prefers to select those objects that have the most impact on lighting in the scene, so sometimes certain elements (especially highly detailed, small objects) might not be visible in this simplified version of the scene. The simplified scene reflections also lack textures, but use the texture's average color instead to give a rough approximation of the material.

We're striving to improve our reflections further and further as time progresses, but this behavior is currently necessary to display real-time reflections without making them too performance intensive.

• So what is the workaround? When this occurs rely on the online cloud rendering or local machine Revit rendering? We would prefer to stay in Enscape so that the images are consistent. Right now it takes quite a bit of photoshop time to correct the images. When on a deadline, there is not a lot of that time available.

thanks.

• Hopefully we will get access to control some of these optimization settings. For example, the option to not use a simplified scene for the fallback reflections. Any additional render time is nothing compared to photoshop or switching renderers midstream.

• ... If you are using Photoshop anyway, why not render a straight-on view of what would be seen in the reflections, change the glass to a mat black (for easy masking) and paste the 'reflection' render (flipped) into the primary image. Haven't tried, but with Enscapes render speeds it shouldn't take too long.

• Demian,

Thank you for your response. I had not understood exactly how Enscape was gathering the information to render reflections. In the future, will there be adjustments to allow Enscape to reflect images within the Revit camera (which also appear to still be part of the rendered scene), but not directly in the line of sight of the Enscape Camera?

I have done a quick test to confirm your statement. Per your comment, if the camera has no direct line of site the object does not appear in reflections, but we know the scene is still rendering the object because it will still block light and cast shadows. Image 1 is a column being partially reflected and casting a shadow on the floor. The reflection only shows the visible face of the column, not the actual backside that would normally be part of the reflection. As we rotate around the wall, the reflection vanishes once the column is out of sight, but the shadow still remains in Image 2. I also note portions of the floor are removed from the reflection as they are not in the Enscape Camera's view.

• As a follow up to my previous comment. I would be open to sacrificing rendering speeds in the Ultra setting for more realistic/accurate reflections. It is impossible to see around corners when rendering solid buildings. Using the current method, it seems that realistic rendered reflections are not possible.