Batch rendering has been problematic for me for multiple releases:
1) Incredibly slow processing time vs rendering individual scenes. I'd estimate at least 50%-75% slower than if done individually. But this is all for nothing if (see #2)...
2) Higher chance of crash to desktop - without a bugsplat - on "Ultra" after a few scenes.
- Tends to crash on "Ultra" but have no problems rendering individual scenes on "Ultra".
- Batch on "High" seems stable.
3) Occasionally does not update to the appropriate scene, leading to an incorrect view. Perhaps isn't giving itself enough time to update the camera view?
- My models are large-ish (~200MB).
I sometimes have 20 +/- scenes to render and batch could be a big timesaver...if it worked consistently and efficiently.
4) Enscape has no option to simply name the file per SketchUp's scene name. Adds another step to take after rendering to go through each render and rename.
- Enscape adds: "Enscape_2023-01-04-09-53-26_(SketchUp scene name)"
- This is problematic for simply/quickly replacing/overwriting scenes if a quick update is needed.
GPU = RTX3080 (12GB)
- "High" uses approx. 70% GPU memory while rendering
- "Ultra" uses approx. 80% GPU memory while rendering
System Memory = ~50% usage
*Should not be a VRAM or system RAM issue.
Enscape version: 3.5.0 preview 9