Enscape Assets as Rhino Blocks as Proxies

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • HNY all!

after what feels like forever I've finally managed to entice some of our Rhino wranglers away from their beloved Vray to play with Enscape. Good news!

Bad (?) news - their enthusiam for assets (ootb and custom) has led to considerable geometry bloat, stalling both Rhino & Enscape on (fairly) decent machines.

Disclaimer, I'm not all that au fait with Rhino, so I'm shooting a little in the dark here - but....with Revit we've got around the mesh geometry weight/mess of the enscape assets by using the GUID asset parameter in simple volumetric proxies - and I'm digging around an asset block here in Rhino right now to see if we might do the same... but I can't see where Enscape might be fetching the proxy value (that I'd hope to point our GH peeps at so they can rip them out) - perhaps Enscape-for-Rhino thinks/works different?

Either way, has nay one any ideas / solutions for approaching the same?

Thanks!

• nope spoke too soon, those Block ID: values are internally Rhino based, but exploding one of the asset blocks and reaching to the mesh does give us/me:

UserData ID: & Plug-in: fields that look promising... but I've (presently) no idea how to get at those...?!

*EDIT

...yeah so (as I probably should've expected) this is a bit more involved in Rhino than it is in Revit... I'm certainly not conversant in C# and API to tackle this looks to be leading me down:

https://developer.rhino3d.com/…ods/user_data_methods.htm

so I'll have to park this curiosity for now.

boo.